Chapter 22

A couple of days go by. Each day feels like a repeat of the last. After Draco and his family left, my mother decided to show me her true colors. Today has been no different. I was told to leave her alone and that I wasn't allowed to have food, after completely berating me for wanting to go to the woods for a bit. I did anyway, despite her protests. Which is where I am now. 

I am sitting by a tree, watching some magical and non-magical creature walk by and drawing what I see. I have found peace in this the past couple of days. It gives me some time to myself with my thoughts. Surprisingly, I have been able to gather them together and sort through them. I have decided that whatever Fred meant when he kissed me the last time, didn't mean anything important. Especially since he didn't explain why he kissed me. Not that I think he would if I asked. 

I push the thought of his kiss away and look over my surroundings. The forest was truly beautiful. The way the sun shone through the trees made the forest look enchanted somehow. It's beautiful. 

As soon as I am done drawing, I stand up and walk back towards the manor. There is no way I can call it a home. It doesn't feel like home to me. Not like Hogwarts does. Hogwarts has all of my friends. Parker, Hermione, even Harry. I miss them all. None of them have written which I guess isn't surprising since I didn't even know where I lived until now. I miss them though. I can't wait to see them at the Quidditch World Cup. Even if it's just for a second. 

Three more weeks here, then I get to go to Malfoy Manor. August 8th. That's when I get to see Draco again. The thought of that gives me butterflies in my stomach. Maybe I shouldn't be so excited but I need a change of scenery and it's only been a couple of days. 

The walk to the Manor isn't long, but I purposely take forever to get there. There's nothing waiting for me there but a grouch who is hell bent on killing me. I don't even know why. Maybe it's because I'm a half-blood. From what I can see my mother is very much a pure-blood supremacist. That shouldn't be surprising she is a death eater. I've seen her dark mark a couple of times and I have learned that she hides it with magic. 

My mother watches as I walk up to the huge front porch. Her arms are crossed over her chest. Let's just say she is not happy to see me. 

"You're all dirty." She says with a sneer. 

"It's not like anyone is going to see me." 

"I am going to see you. It shows the embarrassment you are. Now, we need to go have a talk in the living room." I gulp but nod my head, following her into the living room. She sits down on a couch but I stay standing. I already have a feeling she will reprimand me for sitting down in her presence. 

"As you know, the quidditch cup is coming. The death eaters have something planned. Seeing as you can apparate without the ministry going after you, Lucius and Narcissa have asked me to make sure that you get Draco out of there safely. Do you understand?" Guilt twists in my gut as I remember what is supposed to happen that night. 

"Yes, mother." I have to make sure that my friends stay safe too. 

"The Smith family will be joining as well." I look at her with horror. Not Ethan. I thought I would just be spending time with Draco. Ethan will be there too. "Well just the son, Ethan." Oh great. 

"Ok." 

"I expect you to be on your best behavior." I nod my head. My mother excuses me, so I go off to my room and lay down. 

Two weeks goes by, Ethan's family has practically left him here so I have been dealing with him for the past week. I've nearly punched him twice. Just because he was annoying and because I really wanted to. I did slap his arm a couple of times though. The only upside to him being here is that I at least get to eat dinner.  With him being here, she doesn't want to look like she is starving me. Though she only let's me eat dinner. Breakfast and lunch aren't allowed for me.