Chapter 12

This month passes by quickly. I hate it, tomorrow is my birthday and I do not like that. I hate my birthday and I hate the idea of getting older. At least I'll be 14 here and not 13. Being 13 is never a good age for me. Anyway, I am going to stop talking about my birthday. I am in potions sadly. Like usual I'm about to fall asleep. I take out one of my muggle pens and grab Draco's hand. I draw a small heart on his hand, then go to my hand and start drawing. I don't do this much but when I do I pretend they are tattoos on my hands.

"Why did you draw on my hand?" Draco whispers to me.

"Because this lesson is boring and I am trying to keep myself awake. Also it's just a small heart, if you don't like it you can go wash it off when class is done."

"I'm not going to wash it off, only out of spite."

"That's bullshit." I whisper. Draco takes the pen from my hand, then grabs my hand and writes Draco with a little heart beside it.

"Now if people try to flirt with you they can see that you are mine." He says while handing my pen back to me. I look over to Parker's table. Ron is giving me a death glare like usual. What the hell is his problem?

The bell rings, so I get up, grab my stuff and head to the library for once. I have to finish my homework before the last week of May or I'm going to get into trouble so I'm using this time to finish it. I wish these places weren't scattered everywhere. All of my classes are literally scattered across the castle. Why am I talking about this? I bump into someone by accident, causing me to get out of my thoughts.

"Sorry." I say to Ron, who was the person I bumped into. 

"Whatever. By the way, stay away from Fred. You've cost him too much already." He yells, catching me off guard.

"I-"

"I mean it, Wilhite. I don't usually care about my brother but I know you are going to screw up his life."

"You know Ron, I think you should stop worrying about my flin- love affairs and start worrying about yours." I say deathly calm.

"Not going to happen when you keep fucking around with my brothers head. Go be a slut like Malfoy. Surprised you haven't turned into him yet." He turns around and leaves without another word. I stand there frozen watching him leave. Someone puts their hand on my shoulder and asks if I'm ok, making me jump. I turn to see Fred and George behind me.

"I'm fine. I'm going to go to my common room. Bye guys." I push through them and head back to the dungeons, purposely getting lost so I can think. I wish Ron would stay out of my business. I nearly called Fred a fling. I am such an idiot. I say the password to the common room and walk in. I head to my dorm, but as I walk by Draco's dorm I hear muffled crying. I walk to his dorm and slowly open the door. I see Draco sitting on the floor, without a shirt on, breathing heavily and crying. Pushing away my feelings, I run over to him and sit next to him, taking his hands in mine. I rub my thumb over his palm, while saying words to calm him down. I put his head to my chest and tell him to match my breathing, like he did for me at the beginning of the year.

"It's ok, Draco. It's ok." After a couple minutes, his breathing slows down and he stops crying. He wraps his arms around my waist and we stay there quietly. I run my hand through Draco's hair, hoping to keep him calm. 

"Thank you." He whispers.

"You're welcome. Do you want to talk about it?"

He shakes his head. "No, I just want to sit here with you."

"Ok. Just talk when you are ready." He nods his head, then moves a bit to get into a comfortable position. I lay my head backwards on the bed and close my eyes.