Chapter 26

(I was wondering if anyone would want to read a version of Not From This Reality but in Draco's POV, maybe even Parkers?)

"Alastar Moody." The strange teacher pauses to write his name on the board. "Ex-Auror, Ministry Malcontent, and your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me to end of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?" I secretly roll my eyes, or try to at least. Mad-eye or Moody keeps eyeing three different people with his mechanical eye. Parker, Harry and I. Every time he looks over at me, I grow more and more uneasy.

"When it comes to the dark arts..." He pauses, looking around again at the class. "I believe in a practical approach. But first, which one of you can tell me, how many unforgivable curses there are?"

"Three sir." Hermione answers from beside me.

"They should make more." I comment. Moody eyes me for a second, then says, "Why's that?"

"Well, I've seen many spells that should be deemed unforgivable." I reply.

"I suppose you've probably seen many of those. Does anyone know why they are so named?" Moody moves on but I heard the threat in his words. He knows who my mother is and he will use that against me. No one really knows that my mother is a deatheater, except other deatheaters. My mother tries to keep this perfect image up for herself. The perfect healer.

"Because they are unforgivable. The use of any one of them will..." Hermione replies to Moody's question.

"Earn you a one way ticket to Azkaban. Correct." Moody finishes for her, while writing again on his chalkboard. Even though I know what's going to happen, I don't like where this is going. I look down at my paper, the only thing on it is the date. September 4th. I'm trying not to focus on how Moody's mechanical eye keeps looking around, then stopping. All I want to do is get out of this class.

"Now the Ministry says that you are too young to see what these curses do but I think different. You need to know what you are up against." He continues writing on his chalkboard, something that I can't see. "You need to be prepared. You need to find another place to put your chewing gum, besides the undersides of your desk, Mr. Finnigan." Seamus makes a smart remark about Moody, which makes him throw something at him. I hold my breath watching this whole thing play out.

I feel like throwing up. The nagging feeling has gotten worse, day by day. And it seems to grow worse when Moody is around. I have a bad feeling about him. And not just because I know that this isn't actually Moody. My head isn't helping the nausea at all. Each day after classes are out, Snape sifts through my memories while I use all my strength to push him out of my head. I've gotten close several times but each time I grow more and more exhausted while my head feels like it's going to crack open.

"So, which curse should we see first?" Moody mumbles, a crazy looking crossing his face. "Weasley!"

"Yes?" Ron replies.

"Stand." Ron stands up, fear etched across his features. If I wasn't so nauseous, I would've laughed at him but right now I couldn't care less.

"Give us a curse." Moody mumbles in an almost threatening way. I zone out, focusing on pushing my memories into a dark corner of my mind.

Hermione taps my shoulder, bringing me back to the present.

"Are you alright? Your eyes started to glaze over like you were in a trance."

"Yeah. I'm fine." I bite my lip and watch as Moody flings an enlarged spider at people. It lands on Draco's nose which causes him to freak out. A smile forms on my face, but that's as far as it goes.