Chapter 44 - Deliberate entanglement

Turning her computer screen to Yi Wei, Mi Xue spoke. "Look at this award-winning paper."

Yi Wei nodded, then read the paper seriously.

After he finished reading, Mi Xue asked, "How do you feel?"

"It's really well written. It deserves to be an award-winning paper." After Yi Wei finished speaking, he checked on the author's name and was stunned when he saw the name Alan Chien.

"I can see it from this paper that the person who wrote this paper has an evil mind and extreme personality," Mi Xue concluded.

"Ah?" Yi Wei blinked doubtfully, thinking he must have missed something because he read it too quickly, so he said, "I'll read it again."

Although Yi Wei knew Qi Ran was indeed not a good person, he could see nothing in the paper that could prove Qi Ran's mentality was wrong. But considering his current level, he might not see what a psychologist at the level of his adoptive mother could see. What he could see from the paper seemed to be quite normal, so he added, "I still couldn't find anything."

"I’ve read his book. Not only it is full of hypocrisy, he is actually a wolf in a lamb's skin. Plus, I can also see he is an extremely self-centred person." Mi Xue commented.

Yi Wei knew what his adoptive mother said was completely accurate, but that was due to him having past life memories. But from the paper and that book Qi ran had written, he really couldn't see it.

"I’ll give you two years to find out what's wrong with this paper," Mi Xue said.

"Two years...for such a long time?" Yi Wei felt a little disappointed. His adoptive mother clearly said he was very talented before.

"Don't think two years is a long time. Someone helped him correct his paper, and since he can win the award with this, it means his paranoia has been hidden deep enough. If you can find out all the problems in the paper within two years, then it shows that your talent is far above this person."

"I see." Yi Wei suddenly felt energised in his heart, thinking he must fulfil the requirements of his adoptive mother within two years.

As Yi Wei had already refused to join the study group set up by Qi Ran, and had said everything he should to block him, Qi Ran knew ‌he would not be able to make them join. However, Qi Ran did not give up inviting him to join and even went ‌to the Xiang Academy to invite some ‌students there to join his learning group while expressing his strong desire to get Yi Wei and Sun Qi to join them.

The vice president even tried to personally convince Yi Wei to agree to join, saying how many benefits there would be. Although Yi Wei knew ‌the vice president was saying this for his own well-being, feeling this was a splendid opportunity for improvement and rapid progress. However, Qi Ran's was someone with ulterior motives. Even if he had no ulterior purposes, Yi Wei still looks down on him in his heart as a person. So no matter how strong his learning ability was, he couldn't be bothered to join his learning group.

It happened Qi Ran had brought students from the Psychology Academy to the Xiang Academy to help them understand the curriculum, arrange the class schedule, and also determine the list of students in the Xiang Academy to join his study group.

"Yi Wei, have you thought about my proposal?" Qi Ran asked Yi Wei with a smile, as if nothing had happened before.

Looking at Qi Ran's face, Yi Wei couldn't help but think how good Qi ran was at disguising. If he didn't know what kind of person he was, he might not even be able to see whether or not he was pretending.

Yi Wei smiled before answering: "I'll just say it straight, with your little learning experience, I don't care to join at all. I also look down on you, so I definitely won't take part in your group."