Chapter 19 - Disastrous

Yi Wei and Gu Heng's shooting assessment began. While the number of non-targets was not large, and the speed of the moving targets in the first round was not quick, both of them easily hit all the targets.

At the start of the second round, the pace of the moving targets became faster, while the number of non-targets increased, but the two were still comfortable. When the flying target appeared, the two became more and more focused and concentrated. Yi Wei shot first than Gu Heng every time, plus the hit was more accurate. This was enough to prove how Yi Wei was better than Gu Heng. The last time Gu Heng lost to Yi Wei, It was not due to luck, but because of the sheer difference of strength.

"What a strong concentration!"

"It feels like Yi Wei is in another world alone, with a completely unique aura."

"Yeah, Yi Wei's momentum is too strong, he really looks...very handsome."

"Obviously it's just an assessment, why does it give off a particularly hot-blooded* feeling?"

"So shooting can be this handsome? Don't know if it's too late if I practise now?"

The members of Gu Heng's group were nervous, they felt even more uncomfortable hearing others' compliments to Yi Wei. Although Yi Wei looked really powerful, Gu Heng wasn't bad?

"Huh!" He Mingshu spoke with a sullen face, "What's the use of shooting no matter how powerful it is? Can he make a career out of shooting? It's just a waste of time."

Sun Qi slanted his eyes to glanced at him, thinking He Mingshu really could only say this sentence, as if to prove he just only didn't want to do it, not that he couldn't do it. There were always people like He Mingshu. When others did something, they could never understand the meaning of doing those things. But although such people may not understand, the people who do these things might have a purpose or effect. Maybe they only did it only because of interest and fun. And these things which one insist on doing just because of interest, maybe one day would come in handy. Just like how Yi Wei won the piano test, and how he was doing now in the shooting test with Gu Heng? Also, the children of rich families have had a lot of activities they must do since they were young to university, as they had to rely on more than money to build a foothold in the upper class. Those who rely solely on money were just nouveau riches.

"A mistake!"

A red light was lit on Gu Heng's side, which meant he had hit the wrong target once.

The people in Gu Heng's group became more nervous, but they still comforted each other: "It's just one mistake, Yi Wei will definitely make a mistake soon."

"Yellow light! Gu Heng missed one of the flying targets."

The onlookers were even more nervous than the two being assessed. The palms of Gu Heng's group members were already sweating. No one discussed or evaluated anymore, just waiting intently for the final result.

When the third round of shooting was over, Gu Heng lowered his arms and glanced at the one red light and three yellow lights on his side. Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath. He knew the possibility of winning against Yi Wei was very low, but there was still such a little fluke in his heart, hoping that luck could come to him so that Yi Wei would make more mistakes than him.

Gu Heng slowly turned around to see Yi Wei holding his hands expressionlessly looking at him. He raised his head to look at Yi Wei's scorer and the full score made him close his eyes again while clenching his fists.

With a sneer, Yi Wei turned to leave the shooting range going back to the locker room to change clothes.

"Lost, did we lose?"