Chapter 8 - Was taken back

After Yi Wei and Gu Yueshan had dinner together, they sat face to face with a somewhat serious atmosphere.

"Those who kidnapped you today were after your adoptive mother, Madam Mi Lei. The purpose should have been to threaten her into doing something." Gu Yueshan spoke, "I'll return to China tomorrow, and you'll go back with me."

Although Yi Wei had originally planned to persuade Gu Yueshan into allowing him to stay here until the child was born, if it was dangerous to stay here, he definitely would not stay.

"What will my mother do after I return to China?" Yi Wei spoke of what he was worried about the most now: "Don't say she'll come back to China with me, she definitely won't leave where she lives now."

"I'll persuade her to return to China with us." Gu Yueshan answered.

Yi Wei sighed. His adoptive mother was not so easy to be persuaded. Those who tried to persuade her would be persuaded by her in the end. Even during her mentally unstable period, she was able to make the other psychotherapists depressed in return.

"Whether she wants to or not, you must go back with me." Gu Yueshan spoke: "After returning to China, register the marriage first."

Yi Wei's heart was tangled and uncomfortable. Before the child was born, he didn't want to go back to China, let alone go back to China with Gu Yueshan knowing his adoptive mother was in danger. But as he was pregnant and couldn't take risks, if he stayed back, it could become troublesome.

"I...I think, marriage matters, temporarily..." Yi Wei didn't know what to say being too confused.

"You don't want to marry me?" Frowning Gu Yueshan spoke, "Just because you can't let go of Gu Heng, you want your child to be an illegitimate child? We can discuss divorce after the child is born, but my eldest son or daughter, must not be an illegitimate child."

"Please listen to me until the end." Organizing the language in his heart, Yi Wei then looked at Gu Yueshan before speaking: "My idea is, the child must have a legal birth, so I'll marry you. Even after the child is born, we can't divorce right away. I hope we can maintain a marriage relationship for at least five years. If we divorce after five years, neither you nor I can have a second child before this child is 13 years old."

"These can be discussed slowly after returning to China. We can make a detailed prenuptial agreement and list everything you want me to do. I'll promise you if I can. As long as you give birth to the baby well." Gu Yueshan replied.

Yi Wei nodded. His heart was in a mess at the moment. Many things he wanted to convey were not clear. For now, he must first solve the problem of his adoptive mother. Even if she doesn't want to go back to China with him, he must get her to let Gu Yueshan protect her safety. They would discuss the rest after returning home.

After taking a shower, Yi Wei sat on the bed, rubbing his brows.

"Are you uncomfortable?" Looking at Yi Wei, Gu Yueshan questioned, "Do you want to go to the hospital? Or shall I call the doctor to check on you?"

"No need." Yi Wei shook his head, "It's not that I'm sick, I'm just worried."

"I'll find a way to deal with it." Gu Yueshan spoke.

Yi Wei nodded in answer, then laid down.

Although the two slept on the same bed, a wide distance separated them because of the enormous bed.

As Yi Wei slept in the afternoon, he couldn't fall asleep at all. But the primary reason was that he originally thought those people were coming for him, he never expected them to be after his adoptive mother, so now, he was even more worried. Thinking of the past life, he didn't even know what happened to the adoptive mother. Even in his dream about what happened after his death, she didn't appear. This made his heart feel even more guilty.