Prank on Papa (Little Seonghwa)

Little: Seonghwa

Caregiver: Mingi and Hongjoong

Hongjoong POV

"But why dada?"

"Because we ran out of cleaning supplies. You don't want to go to the store with me?"

I pretended to be sad by pouting to see his reaction.

"I always wan go with dada!"

"Well good. Let's go. Papa is waiting in the car."

Recently we decided on taking a more active role in the community. When we aren't working, we're making care packages for families in need.

When Seonghwa is little, he always helps by color coordinating the gift bags for the packages.

Right now, Mingi and I were taking him with us to get some cleaning supplies. In some of the things we make, we include supplies for cleaning and kitchen items.

"Dada I make brownie? I wan make brownie."

"If you want to baby. I'm sure they'll love them."

"We can put, 'made by the cutest baby ever' on the gift bags.", Mingi added.

"I cute papa?"

"Of course Seonghwa. The cutest!"

It wasn't long before we pulled into the parking lot of the local home department store.

Mingi was quick to grab Seonghwa's hand and run inside, leaving me in the parking lot grabbing my bag.

I followed them and found Seonghwa looking at plants. Mingi was trying to show me some succulents.

"You see this one? It's going to be a lot bigger."

"How do you know?", I asked.

"Yeosang told me. I wanted to buy some for the neighbor. He helped me find that dog who was terrorizing Hwa last week."

As if on cue, Seonghwa came over holding some hand sanitizer and a snickers, handing them to Mingi.

"I wan this papa."

"Ok, we'll get it for you. Hongjoong, I'll take him with me to get the supplies."

"Good, I'll go get some extra stuff for us."

The two of us went our separate ways. I wanted to get some extra ingredients for Seonghwa's brownies. I had a list on my phone, which I used to remember what I needed.

I wanted to look at the list, but when I pat my pockets for my phone, I didn't feel it.

Maybe I left it in the car.

Mingi POV

"So I told him, it's called ground beef for a reason. It's ground up."

"....."

"Seonghwa?"

"....."

I looked to my side and didn't see anyone there. I swear he was right next to me! How could I lose sight of someone so tall?! Hongjoong is going to kill me.

I started walking back the way we came and still didn't see him. I swear he just disappeared!

After five minutes I started to freak out.

I took out my phone and decided to call Hongjoong. To my dismay, he didnt answer.

I was at the front of the store and saw him walking in.

"Joong! Oh my...I am about to have eight heart attacks. Have you seen Seonghwa?"

"Have I seen-...WHAT? WHERE IS HE?!"

"I don't know! He was right next to me and then, poof!"

"How could you lose him? He's like 12ft tall!"

"I was trying to call you to see if he came back to you."

"I lost my phone."

There was a moment of silence between us.

"I bet I know where your phone is."

"Really?"

"Yep. Seonghwa has it."

"How do you know?"

I looked down at my phone, which just buzzed.

"Because he just sent me a message from it."

"What does it say?"

"It says...'hi papa. right here.'"

"Right here?"

Just then, I was jumped on from the back and almost knocked over.

"Hahahahaha! Did I scare papa?"

"Yes, yes you did. Where did you go?"

"I play hide seek."

I saw Hongjoong laughing at me, and I took a mental note to laugh next time Seonghwa pranks him with hide and seek.

"Okay, no more hide and seek. Let's just get this stuff and go home."

"Are you mad papa? I sorry."

"It's okay baby. I'm not mad."

I was internally plotting my revenge against him, but he couldn't know that.

The rest of the store trip was spent practically stuck to each other. I kept a close eye on our little, and made sure he was always in my line of sight.

On the way home, I thought of how much time we got to spend together. Because of our schedules, and the fact that we make care packages in our spare time, we don't really get to spend time as a trio. When Seonghwa isn't little, he's always with other members. I'm glad we got to do this, and that he helps us when he can.

I looked at the two next to me. I'm not one to get sentimental, but these two mean so much to me. Our whole group does. Being a caregiver made me realize something, especially after today.

I wouldn't rather be anywhere else than with my family, no matter how annoying.