Bubble Wrap (Little Hongjoong)

(My dog says hi.)

Little: Hongjoong (Age: 3)

Caregivers: Woosan

San POV

Today is going to be a good day. I knew that when I woke up and it was announced that we had the day off.

Not only that, but most of the members would be out of the house. Seonghwa, Mingi, and Yeosang went to the movies together and were going to the park afterwards. Jongho and Yunho were going to an arcade to spend their day.

That left us. Me, Wooyoung, and a very little Hongjoong.

Since we're his Caregivers, it only made sense that we were left with him.

I was sitting downstairs while Hongjoong, who woke up in his headspace, colored in a book on the carpet. Wooyoung was making breakfast smoothies in the kitchen.

"So I was thinking...", Woo started, "We need to baby proof the house."

"It's already baby proof tho?", I replied.

We both looked at Hongjoong, who was now attempting to climb a shelf.

"Oh baby Joongie don't do that!", I said, "I see what you mean."

"Maybe we can do it before everyone gets back."

I put Joongie down as he was trying to push out of my arms. It made me think of something.

"Hear me out Woo."

"I don't trust whatever you are about to say."

"Just listen. What if...instead of baby proofing the house, we baby proof the baby."

Wooyoung looked at me with pure confusion in his eyes.

"Think about it. If it's impossible for him to get hurt, we won't have to change anything."

"Okay...", he replied, "What's your idea?"

"Follow me outside."

I picked up the baby who had made his way to the front door. Together we all walked outside and towards the shed in the backyard.

Hongjoong was already getting excited.

"Shed!", he yelled.

"Yes baby, the shed."

"Make make. Appa make!"

Usually Seonghwa or Yunho are back here making something, and Hongjoong is used to seeing them here. He calls Seonghwa "appa", as opposed to calling us "Pop" and "Woo".

I opened the doors to the shed and saw exactly what I needed.

"Bubble wrap! Yes!"

"Oh no...", Wooyoung started.

I put the little down and grabbed the bubble wrap. I instructed Wooyoung to get some duct tape, and my plan started.

"Pop, why bubble?", Joongie asked, very adorably.

"To keep you safe little cutie pie!"

Together Wooyoung and I wrapped bubble wrap around Hongjoong and taped it up. Of course, we avoided to cover his face with bubble wrap.

We stepped back and were met with the funniest sight in the world.

"He looks like Baymax...", I said.

"That's cute. But how is this baby proofing the baby?"

"The bubble wrap protects packages. So since Joongie is a small package, it will protect him."

"How-"

"Now to the stairs!"

"SAN NO-"