Copycat (Little Yeosang)

Little: Yeosang (Age - 4)

Caregiver: A Very Stressed Mingi, and Hongjoong

Mingi POV

"So I may or may not have set it on fire."

"I'm sorry...what?", Hongjoong replied.

"It was an accident! I told Yeosang that the lighter could be used to see in the dark."

"And let me guess, he wanted you to prove it."

"Maybe."

"Which caused you to accidentally set the curtains on fire."

"Perhaps."

"Song Mingi, you need more adult supervision than Yeosang."

As I was about to say something back, a knock came on the door.

A very disheveled San opened the door, looking like he just rolled around in dirt.

"Hi."

"San...", I said, "What happened?"

"So um...we messed up."

Hongjoong was already visibly concerned.

"What do you mean?"

"Yeosang and I started a forest fire."

"WHAT?!"

Before he could explain, Hongjoong and I ran down the steps to see everyone in the backyard.

We ran out of the door and saw it.

Flames reaching high in the air on multiple trees in our backyard. And Yeosang standing there, with my lighter in his hand.

"Hi daddy! Look!"

We ran up to him and I picked him up.

"Baby what happened?! Why did you do that? You know how dangerous this is?"

"I just wanna to be like you daddy."

He was pouting, looking like he was about to cry. Hongjoong was about five seconds away from ending me when Yunho walked up.

"Fire department is on the way. I told them it was an accident."

I held Yeosang close, constantly reassuring him that it would be okay. I kept apologizing to everyone, and ended up taking Yeosang inside.

Hongjoong and I cleaned him up, washing his face from the dirt. San helped us by getting the things to help us clean. The fire department arrived, and he went to speak to them.

They quickly ran to the backyard and started putting out the fire. They said we didn't have to worry, and thay it could be easily contained.

Yeosang POV

Daddy and Oppa were mad at me.

I just wanted to be like daddy! I didn't mean to make them angry. How could I apologize to them?

"Stay in here until we get back okay?"

Oppa Joongie left me in my room, and went back downstairs. I sat on my bed, pouting. I knew I was in trouble. But it was an accident...

I went to my closet and grabbed my coloring books. Maybe if I color for them they will forgive me? I'm not a bad boy.

3rd Person POV

The fire was successfully put out, and they were charged for the damages. San took full responsibility, and claimed Yeosang wasn't involved. Hongjoong and Mingi knew the truth, but thanked San for taking the fall. They even offered to help him lay for it if they needed.

After it was all said and done, the members went back inside to relax from the stressful events. Mingi didn't know whether to sympathize with Yeosang and San, or be angry. After all, he blamed himself in part for showing Little Yeosang how to use the lighter.

Hongjoong and Mingi went back upstairs to talk to Yeosang. They opened the door to their shared room, and smiled at the sight in front of them. Yeosang was coloring on the floor. He jumped up when he saw them, running to them with his coloring book.

"Oppa and Daddy, I'm sorry. I'm a good boy! I didn't mean to make you mad."

He handed them their colored pictures. Mingi's was Squidward, and Hongjoong's was Sandy. They couldn't help but smile. Mingi sat Yeosang on the bed.

"Look angel. I know you are sorry, but what you did today was very dangerous."

"I'm sorry...", Yeosang said, hanging his head down as a tear fell.

"Don't cry angel.", Hongjoong replied, "Uncle San took care of it. But next time, you will have to take responsibility for your actions. Understand?"

"Yes...", he said through sniffles.

Mingi sat him on his lap before continuing.

"I know you want to be like daddy, but promise me not to do dangerous things again? If I do something bad, you don't do it too."

"I won't daddy! Sangie not a copycat!"

Hongjoong sat next to them.

"How about this. We all go downstairs and you talk to Uncle San. He made sure you didn't get in even more trouble. Don't you think he deserves a thank you?"

"Yes! All the thank you!"

Yeosang hopped off of Mingi and ran from the room. Mingi sighed and laid back on the bed.

"You okay?", Hongjoong asked.

"Being a parent is hard. Maybe I'm not a good influence on Yeosang."

"Don't say that. You are wonderful."

"You think so?"

"Yes. Why do you think he wants to be like you?"

"Because I'm incredibly handsome with more height than he could imagine?"

"Rude, but maybe. It's really because he idolizes you. You're his perfect person."

"Thanks Joongie."

"You're welcome."

As if on cue, Yeosang came running back in, covered from head to toe in water.

"Daddy! I turned on the hose and now we have a pool downstairs!"

Mingi and Hongjoong made eye contact.

"Hongjoong-"

"Okay maybe I told him the hose was a water dragon."