A Mouse (Little Hongjoong)

Little: Hongjoong (Age - 5)

Caregivers: Jongho and Yunho

Yunho POV

"Hello? Are you alive?"

"Seonghwa I think we killed him."

"I'm blaming you when the cops show up."

"Not fair! Mingi is the one who game him those cookies."

"But you made then Jongho!"

I slowly opened my eyes to see Seonghwa and Jongho standing in front of me. I was laying on the couch taking a nap when I heard them arguing.

Apparently they didn't see me wake up, because they were still talking about how to tell the police this was an accident. It wasn't until I yawned that they noticed me.

"Oh good! We didn't kill you!", Jongho said.

"I was just taking a nap. Where is everyone?"

I had noticed that we seemed to be the only ones in the house.

"Well," Seonghwa started, "Mingi went out by himself. Wooyoung and San went out to eat. Yeosang went to the mall with his friend, and Hongjoong is the reason we're here."

"What do you mean the reason you're here?"

Jongho and I are Hongjoong's Caregivers. When he told us he was a little, we both volunteered. We did have to dance battle San for the position though.

"So he's in the backyard.", Jongho said.

"Doing what?"

"Trying to trap a mouse. Our neighbors house has an infestation, and when they demolished the fence, a mouse came over in our yard."

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. The three of us went to the back door to see Hongjoong running around with a cardboard box.

"So who's turn is it?", Seonghwa asked, looking at Jongho and I.

"I'll do it.", I said.

I opened the door and went outside. Hongjoong saw me and smiled happily.

"Daddy Yunie! I saw a mouse! I catch it for Yeosang!"

"Why for Yeosang?", I say, grabbing an empty box.

"Because Yeosang birthday next week and I need present."

"Well let's catch it together okay?"

"Okay!"

3rd Person POV

Yunho and Hongjoong were carefully walking around the backyard.

The mouse hunt was on as Seonghwa and Jongho watched from the window. Hongjoong was stepping around carefully when he spotted something.

He gently stepped forward before launching at the creature.

"Yah! Daddy I got it!"

Yunho walked over and smiled seeing the little with his entire body over the box, holding it between his arms on the ground.

"Did you catch it?"

Yunho bent down to listen for the mouse in the box. He didn't hear anything and told Hongjoong to stand up. When he did, Yunho pulled up the box and sure enough, no mouse.

"Aww! Where mouse go?", Hongjoong said, pouting.

"I don't know. But let's keep looking."

Yunho realized he was staring at Hongjoong. He had to remind himself to tell big Hongjoong how cute he was whenever he got the chance.

Meanwhile, Jongho and Seonghwa were at the neighbors house.

"Hello ma'am.", Seonghwa stated when the neighbors opened the door, "Could we ask you a question?"

"Sure young man. Come in."

The two entered and watched the woman go to her kitchen. They followed, continuing the conversation.

"My name is Jongho. We live next door and we're looking for something for our friend."

"What are you looking for?", she asked.

"A mouse."

The woman put her cup down and turned to the boys.

"A mouse?"

"Yes," said Seonghwa, "Our friend wants a mouse for our other friends birthday. Once came into our yard but they can't catch it."

"I understand. Well I managed to catch some of them. Feel free to choose one for your friend."

She pointed them to a cage in the living room with five mice. Both boys looked to eachother and back at the cage. If Hongjoong wasn't so cute, they wouldn't wouldn't doing this.

Hongjoong POV

I was getting upset.

We can't catch this stupid mouse! I want Sangie to have a happy birthday. If I don't get him a present, he will be sad. I don't want a sad Sangie!

I was sitting on my caregivers lap, pouting. He was trying to reassure me that we would find something for Sangie. I just wanted to do something by myself for once...

After a while, the door opened and Papa Jongho came in with Hwa. They had a small box in their hands. I hopped up and ran to them, hugging them both.

I started to cry, upset that I couldn't catch a mouse for Sangie. Seonghwa hugged me and handed me the box.

"Since you guys couldn't catch a mouse, we decided to get one directly from the source."

I opened the box a saw a small little blonde mouse crawling around. I smiled and jumped happily. Sangie has a present!

I jumped into a hug with them and showed Daddy Yunie. We ordered some things for the mouse and waited for Sangie to come home.

I couldn't wait to show him my gift! After all, I am his favorite little, and he always loves my presents.