XII

"So you guys are leaving? Cool. That's-....that's cool." Ezra mumbled, ignoring the pain in her chest as she looked down at her hands. Bella had just gone home, the coven making up their minds.

"Just come with us." Jasper pleaded, everyone wincing and awkwardly turning away to try and let them have their moment. Maybe they were second guessing their decision.

"I can't. Mama's gonna pop any time soon, I still have one week left of work, and I have to finish school." She had put her two weeks in, tired of her coworkers attitudes. Her manager begged her to stay, even offering a raise. Didn't change her mind.

"We'll be gone for a month, maybe two." Jasper said, kissing her hands as he tried to get her to look at him. "Just until things calm down."

"Okay. Eight weeks, that isn't so bad...right?" Ezra mumbled to herself, swallowing around the lump in her throat as she fought the urge to cry. "It's just eight weeks. We can still c-call..."

"Ez..." Emmett whispered, the girl breaking down in tears.

"I-I'm not sad! I'm mad! I'm so- so frickin pissed!" She sobbed, her hands tensing as she kept her head down. "God, I just- ooooooo you don't know what I wanna do to her."

"You don't wanna know." Edward spoke up, shaking his head at Emmett. Jasper kissed her head, hugging her as she cried.

"You lost too?" A voice called out, Ezra looking over at the man carrying Bella

"You lost too?" A voice called out, Ezra looking over at the man carrying Bella. She scoffed and rolled her eyes, going back to staring up at the sky.

"As if. I know my way back, you can leave."

"Not if you're Ezra. Chief Swan has been looking for you and Bella." The man spoke as he approached her, Ezra's eyes snapping to his. He froze mid step, his body trembling as a lump formed in his throat.

"Don't get too close." Ezra warned, not making a move to get up as she stared at him. "I don't know you."

"I'm Sam Uley." He introduced, trying to calm himself down. Ezra's eyes dimmed a little, releasing some of the pressure off of his chest as he sucked in air. "Quite a stare you've got."

"What are you?" Ezra asked as she sat up, glancing the man over. "You're no vampire. Unless you're the cool one with fangs."

"No, I'm a shapeshifter." He was glad that Bella was still unconscious, Ezra nodding as she stood up. Her eyes went back to normal, the man no longer feeling that intense...whatever feeling she induced. "I turn into a wolf."

"Oooohhh that's so cool!" Ezra said as her eyes shimmered, a smile lighting up her face. "Can I see?"

"Maybe...some other time. We've gotta get you home." Sam said, nodding for her to follow him.

"Oh thank god." Charlie hugged Ezra tightly, moving to take Bella from Sam as Quinn hugged her next.

"Girl, I should beat your ass. I'm tired of you scaring me!" Quinn said as she repeatedly swatted Ezra's arm.