VII

"EZRA!" She was shaken awake by her father, her mother and Bella standing near her door. Ezra was drenched in sweat, quickly turning away from them as she tried to calm herself down. "You were screaming. Are you okay?"

"Just a nightmare." She stated, turning back to look at him. Charlie's mouth was in a thin line as he looked at Quinn, the two of them nodding slightly.

"Well, you're up just in time." Quinn spoke next, nodding to the clock. "Two minutes before your alarm."

"Thanks." Ezra mumbled as she climbed out of bed, stripping it and making her way towards the washer. "I'm sorry."

"There's no-"

"Better be." Bella interrupted Charlie and scoffed, bumping past Ezra and heading upstairs.

"Ezzie, she almost saw." Charlie whispered when the bathroom door slammed and the shower started, Ezra taking a deep breath. "I think she's getting suspicious."

"I don't care. She saw once." Ezra said as she finished loading the washer, turning to face them. "And I nearly killed her then. So the next time she sees, hopefully she'll piss herself."

Last summer Ezra had suffered a really bad panic attack. Things happened, Quinn and Charlie were there. Turns out, Quinn was a close friend to her birth mother, almost like a sister.

"What did you dream about?" Quinn whispered her question, not wanting Bella to have a chance to hear.

"Red eyes."

Ezra was late

Ezra was late. Ezra was never late.

Something's wrong.

"Ez?" Angela's voice brought him out of his thoughts, Ezra walking up to them with a smile. "You're late."

"Yeah, got into a fight with Bella." Her knuckles were slightly red, Isabella's scent wafting from them. It made him sick to his stomach. "Was chasing her around the house cause she threw her food at me."

"And you're okay?" Jasper asked as he brought her into a tight hug, feeling as though some of the weight was off his chest. There was still something wrong.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm totally fine." They made their way towards the buses, Ezra turning when someone called her name.

"Hey! You're alive!" Mike said as the rest of the group waited for her, Ezra standing a good distance away from him.

"Yeah, not easy to get rid of me it seems." She joked. Jasper could sense her unease, especially when Mike ran his eyes over her again. "Can I help you with something?"

"Yeah, I was wondering-"

"Darlin', the bus's loading up. Don't you think we should get on?" He called out to her, holding a hand out for her. Ezra offered Mike a false smile before heading over to him, Jasper kissing the back of her hand as they made their way onto the bus.

"Thank you." Ezra breathed in relief, sitting in the seat and looking out the window. She saw Mike trying to hit on Jessica, who waved him off and said something to him before going over to Lauren.

"What's running around in that pretty head of yours?" Jasper questioned as he nudged her slightly, Ezra giggling as she turned to look at him.

"Just wondering if Mike got tested after getting with Bella." They burst into laughter, everyone joining since they also heard what she said. "And also why you guys have to be so antisocial."

"The other humans smell." Rosalie said as she scrunched her nose, Ezra staring at her.

"I can treat you so much better, just give me a chance."

"What?" Emmett and Jasper said at the same time, Ezra blinking and looking out the window.

"I didn't hear anything."

"Darlin', are you okay?" Jasper mumbled as he grabbed her hand, Ezra wiping under her eyes.

"No. But I don't wanna talk about it." It hurt. His heart throbbed.

"Is your...heart throbbing?" Edward mumbled at vampire speed, Jasper nodding slightly as he kissed Ezra's hand.

"Jazzie, I'm fine." Ezra said as she tried to escape his hold. He could tell that the physical contact was still new to her, so he let her go. "Just a bad dream."

"What if it wasn't just that? Ezzie, you've gotta talk to someone about this." Jasper whispered to her. They were off to the side, away from prying ears and eyes.

"....red eyes." Ezra finally said, her eyes welling up before she closed them. "I saw red eyes. We were in a field...

"I'll keep score with you." Ezra stepped up next to Esme, the two of them ignoring Bella as they engaged in a conversation.

"Out!" Bella called when Rosalie slid onto the base a millisecond too late.

"I say she's safe."

"Be fair, Darlin." Jasper called out to her.

...the game was going well....until it didn't....

"Red eyes." Ezra's breath hitched as those eyes locked onto her, a feral snarl leaving Jasper as he stood protectively in front of her.

...after that, I woke up." Ezra breathed, Jasper wiping her tears away and hugging her. "They said I was screaming, but after I said something about the eyes everything just...goes black. Almost like I'm protecting myself from what I saw after."

"I don't think that was a dream." Jasper muttered to her, Ezra tensing as everything crashed around her. "I think you had a vision."

"Jasper, something bad happened at the end of that." Ezra shakily said, her eyes wide as she stared at Alice over his shoulder. "Something so bad that I'm not allowing myself to remember."

"It'll all be okay. I'm here. My family's here." Jasper cupped her face, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "And I'll be damned if anything happens to you."

"...I'm scared that something did...and you were too late."