II

"Goooood morning folks!" Ezra greeted her parents as they tiredly walked into the kitchen, dressed for work

"Goooood morning folks!" Ezra greeted her parents as they tiredly walked into the kitchen, dressed for work. Charlie was the chief of police while Quinn had her own bakery. She passed them coffee and plates of food, the two of them kissing her cheek and sitting down.

"I've missed this so much." Quinn tiredly uttered, taking a sip of her coffee as Ezra sat down to eat with them. She had left a plate for Bella in the microwave, just so she could eat before she left. Charlie hummed in agreement, the three of them just basking in each other's presence as they silently finished breakfast.

"Ah, I've got a job interview after school. Going back into fast food service." Ezra said as she took their plates and cups.

"Already? You've only been here for three days, Ezzie." Charlie worriedly said, not wanting her to over work herself.

"I know, but I need something to do. I can't just sit around the house waiting on everyone to come home. I'll go crazy." She dramatically sighed, drying her hands. "Plus, we all know how I get when it comes down to shopping. I'd rather my own money than to be put on an... allowance again."

She spit the word out as if it disgusted her, her parents chuckling at her antics as they stood to hug her.

"All right. But if it seems like you're over working again, you're gonna have to quit." Quinn said, Ezra nodding happily.

"Now shoo you two! You have jobs as well!" They laughed as they headed out of the house, Ezra sighing as she heard Bella banging around loudly upstairs. She decided to leave early, wanting to get a good spot closer to the exit.

"Is that Angela!"

"Ezzie!" Angela yelled excitedly. Last time Ezra was here, she had made good friends with Angela. In fact, the two were still in touch when she was in Phoenix. "When did you get back?"

"A few days ago! Surprise!" Angela squeezed her tighter, Ezra smiling sadly as she realized why. "I knoooow, but at least I'll be somewhat close. Y'know, come and visit you and everything."

"I'm gonna cry." Angela said as she sniffled, the two friends heading into the school as students watched them.

"-oh, and you have to meet Jacob! He's the person that fixed up my new car!" Ezra was rambling about Angela officially meeting those she considered family. "Maybe we can find him a nice guy."

"Ooohhh! He's the one that was crying to you on the phone last summer?" That's right. Jacob had called Ezra in the middle of her hanging out after coming out to his family, sobbing because he was terrified of being outcast.

"Yup. Really great kid, but I nearly strangled him." The two laughed as Angela led her to class, passing Bella on the way. She said nothing to them, but glared hatefully at Ezra.

"Wow, she really hates you." Angela hummed when she saw the interaction, Ezra scoffing and rolling her eyes.

"Oh, you have no idea."