XIII

"Can you do a front flip on the way down? Or a somersault?" After Bella convinced Ezra to come to the cliff with her, the girl was just sitting on the ground and waiting for Bella to jump into the waters. "Maybe twirl a bit."

"Hey, is it safe to move crystals from cliffs?" Bella had a wicked grin on her face, knowing that Ezra loved finding random crystals in random places. She squealed and went over to her, looking around.

"Where is it?"

"Nowhere." Bella grinned as she shoved her off, Ezra yelping before hitting the water. She hacked up water as she pushed herself up, spotting orange a few feet away from her.

"Oh everyone just loves testing me." A wave crashed over her head, bringing her back under the water before she pushed herself up again. The orange was closer. She went under one more time, everything going black.

"-please! Please wake up!" Ezra groaned and coughed, more water leaving her before she was hugged tightly. "Thank god!"

"Now you see why I call dibs on killing her." She croaked, Jacob laughing a bit as he sniffled. Sam was standing above her still, crouching down and checking her pulse. "Third time since we've been in Forks."

"She's gotta go." Sam ground out, the two of them pulling Ezra up. "I've gotta get to the hospital. I'll meet you there."

"Woah, what happened?" Ezra asked as she shook water out of her ears, Jacob looking at her.

"Harry Clearwater....he had a heart attack." Her heart dropped, tears coming to her eyes. Harry was like her uncle, the two were close. "I'm sorry."

"You know what I wanna say, but I'm not gonna say it cause it'll be too dramatic." She said, stopping herself from crying.

"Thanks for the ride." Ezra quietly muttered, Jacob nodding. She went to leave the car, the boy suddenly grabbing her.

"There's a bloodsucker out there. I'm getting you out of here." Jacob said, Ezra scoffing as she caught sight of the car.

"Please, I doubt one of them would hurt me." She said as she climbed out of the car, ignoring Jacob's protests. "I'll be safe, you get home safe."

"...yes ma'am." He reluctantly said, slowly driving off in hopes she would change her mind. A smile took over her face when she saw her friend, running into her arms.

"Oh thank Jesus, I don't think I could've put up a fight if you weren't you." She sighed as she sagged against Alice, who hugged her tightly.

"You're alive!" Alice excitedly said, Ezra groaning.

"Don't tell me you saw me get pushed." Alice smiled, her eyes welling up. She had missed her so much.

"Why don't we go inside and catch up?"

"You sure you don't wanna come?" Quinn asked Ezra as she walked them to the cruiser

"You sure you don't wanna come?" Quinn asked Ezra as she walked them to the cruiser. She nodded, hugging the two of them tightly.

"I don't really do well with funerals." She said, the two of the kissing her cheeks before heading off.