VI

"Do you think I'm scary?" Ezra mumbled as she laid on Jasper's bed, the boy looking over at her in confusion. "Even though you didn't see my eyes?"

"No? Why would I think that?" He asked her, setting down the book he was reading. Ezra turned towards him, her eyes a startling pale blue. They were glowing in the dim lighting of the room.

"This happens when I get too emotional. It's why I don't let anyone see me cry." She mumbled, her eyes fading back to their natural light brown. Jasper kneeled next to the bed, brushing her curls out of her face as she looked at him. "I'm not human, Jazzie."

"I'm not either." The words slipped out before he could stop them, not that he would. Ezra's eyes shone a bit, welling with tears.

"Do you know what you are?" She asked him, Jasper nodding while wiping one of her tears away. "Is that how you were able to make me feel calm?"

"Yeah. Wasn't very effective." They shared a short laugh, Ezra's eyes slipping closed as Jasper sat on the floor, his thumb rubbing circles on her cheek. "Do ya wanna know?"

"It's not just your secret, Jazz." Ezra said, her eyes dimming as she stared at him. She caught on quickly. "This seems like the type of thing everyone needs to talk about together."

"We say tell her!" Emmett's voice boomed from somewhere outside, Ezra laughing when she heard everyone shouting their agreements.

"We're vampires." Jasper said, Ezra pushing his mouth open.

"Not stereotypical ones, because they had garlic knots for lunch the other day." She said, examining his teeth. "Minus one point for no fangs, though."

"Seriously? Because we don't have fangs?"

"Can you guys turn into bats?" Jasper shook his head and Ezra did a slow inhale through her teeth. "I don't know, seems like a deal breaker to me."

"Ha ha, so funny." Jasper dryly said when she started laughing, staring at her fondly.

"Why do you always look at me like that?" Ezra asked after a moment, Jasper stroking her cheek with the back of his hand.

"Because you're beautiful. Amazing." Ezra's eyes swirled- literally -and she tried to hide away, Jasper moving her hands. "You deserve the world."

"Stop, you're making my heart melt." She whispered in embarrassment, a big smile on her face.

"May I?" He asked, eyes on her lips for half a second before shooting back to hers. She nodded, her eyes fluttering as he gently kissed her. It was so tender, so sweet and Ezra might've fallen in love. She did.

She hugged him closer, Jasper slowly tugging her into his lap for a more comfortable position as he left tiny pecks on her lips. He pressed one to her forehead before hugging her, the two of them sitting there for a while.

Ezra- with permission -told Angela. And she fainted in the Cullens living room.

"She hit the ground too hard!" Ezra was freaking out, pacing in front of the couch Angela was on as Jasper tried to calm her down. Which led to him pacing with her. "What if she has a concussion?!"

"She doesn't have a concussion." Carlisle sighed, having repeated the same phrase five times in the past fifteen minutes. "She doesn't need stitches, she's not going to slip into a coma, she's not going to have a seizure, she-"

"Okay, okay. Jeez." Ezra huffed as she stopped walking, Jasper pulling her into a hug.

"My head hurts." Angela groaned as she finally came to, Ezra's head snapping over to her as her mouth opened.

"It's not a concussion!" Rosalie, Carlisle, and Edward said at the same time. Jasper laughed as his mate pouted and crossed her arms, kissing the top of her head.

"Wait, why did you tell me?" Angela asked as she sat up, everyone looking at Ezra.

"Because you're my best friend. I hate hiding things from you, and it's only fair that you know what you could possibly be getting in to." Ezra quietly said, shying away from the sudden attention. "Better to tell you now than later."

"What about Bella?" Alice piped up, Ezra's face scrunching.

"What about her? I don't like that bitch."