Chapter 32

Before Noelle had woken up in the dungeon, it was around The Queen and King's leave for Liyue. Their scheduled date for leaving was noon.

"I'll miss you, sweetheart."
The Queen whispered in Sucrose's ear.

"I'll miss you more."

After they stopped hugging, they looked at each other and smiled before Queen Aurelia planted a kiss on her daughter's forehead. Sucrose then moved on with her father who had a small smile. He opened his arms wide, making Sucrose grow uncomfortable.

"A hug for your dear old man?"
He said.

Sucrose chuckled nervously. Queen Aurelia obviously picked up what type of feeling she felt from King Lionel and immediately — without hesitation — saved Sucrose from feeling more uncomfortable.

"Let's go. We shan't be late to meet The King and Queen of Liyue."
Queen Aurelia dragged him inside the carriage to which a servant opened the door for them.

"You won't let me spare a hug for our daughter?"

"Oh, please! You can hug her when we're back home."

"But we are back home."
He attempted to joke, chuckling at his joke too.

The Queen scoffed.
"When we're done with our business trip."

The King grumbled while Queen Aurelia smiled. Sucrose immediately felt better. The Queen looked out the window and winked at her daughter, mouthing "you're welcome."

"Thank you."
Sucrose mouthed back.

As the servant came upfront the fancy carriage exclaimed with the slap of the reins, the carriage proceeded to move further from the bridge until it became small from Sucrose's vision. Sucrose waved them goodbye and once they were no longer seen in her sight, she went back with Xingqiu and the guards standing behind her, following her back to the castle. 

Sucrose sighed, which made Xingqiu notice.

"It'll be alright. It's not like it's the end of the world, is it?"
He attempted to make a joke to cheer up Sucrose.

Unfortunately, it only made her mood worse.

"Sorry. I thought I could cheer you up."
He awkwardly rubbed his nape.

"It's fine. I appreciate the effort though. It's just that... what if we actually marry each other?"

Xingqiu turned away from her, thinking about how he can't be with Choncyun anymore if that were the case. The same applies to Sucrose but with Albedo.

"Then... I can't go back to Liyue and see Chongyun anymore."

"That sounds just like the same situation my mom and Sorin went through. I don't want history to repeat."

"I'm sure it won't."

"We can't read the future, Xingqiu. There's a chance that I may not be able to break the cycle."

"...Just don't manifest that."

"Alright. Sorry."

A few minutes of silence went by with the people of Mondstadt bowing and waving at the two Royals until they went inside the castle.

"I haven't seen Noelle at all today."
Sucrose mentioned.

"I saw her earlier."
Xingqiu replied.

"Really?"

"Yeah. She looked frantic when she saw me and kept on asking me about your whereabouts. She was so panicked for some reason."

"Noelle? Panicked? Huh?"