Chapter 6

The streets were busy today. Guards were on duty — protecting the outside of the walls, shops were starting to open up, adventurers going to Katheryne for daily commissions, kids playing outside, citizens walking, and people going to work. It was like a normal thing in Mondstadt and in other kingdoms as well.

Klee got up with excitement because her father is going to go to work, going to be busy. That meant to her, she was going to spend a lot of time with her brother. Although unlucky for her, beatings like that usually make him scarred, and difficult for him to get out of bed. Even though in the past, she tried to get up with much noise, it only made Albedo's state worse which lead him to complain the whole morning. Klee didn't like seeing him complain because he was always so chill, calm, and happy. So, she found a new habit that she would always get out of bed quietly so that Albedo can sleep more, healing and resting due to his injuries. However, at times, those roles would switch; Albedo gets up from bed while Klee sleeps in.

But at times, if the injuries on him don't heal very quickly, they go to Barbara — the Deaconess of the Favonius Church. Barbara always saw Albedo in that state and it didn't shock her that much because there was another boy who did the same yet he had different ways of getting injuries. Every time Albedo went to see Barbara, she'd feel guilty that he had to go through that abuse every two weeks.

As Klee freshened up, she went to the kitchen to cook some breakfast for the both of them. Her special dish; Fisherman's Toast was Albedo's favorite meal, and the fish she always cooked for her dish was always a fresh catch from Klee because she usually goes outside to fish. She then wore her mini apron, grabbed the stool, prepared the ingredients, her little knife, and last but not least, her chef hat.

"Alright, let's get cooking!"
She whispered proudly.

A few minutes later...

As she removed her cooking outfit, cleaned up the kitchen, and set the table — she patiently waited for Albedo. She knew that if she cooked Fish-Flavored toast, Albedo will definitely wake up due to the delicious aroma. And she was never wrong when she said her cooking can attract her big brother to wake up for some delicious breakfast. She saw Albedo walking from their room to the kitchen. Klee got out of her chair just to pull up Albedo's seat, not wanting to be quite troublesome for him.

"Oh, why thank you, Klee."

"Always my pleasure. Hehe!"
She bowed.

She then grabbed two glasses and orange juices that she struggled to get because of her small height. Grunting to reach the shelf, Albedo got up from his chair and grabbed the items she needed, then gave them to Klee.

"I returned the favor."

"Thank you!"

They then scurried their legs over to the table, gladly accepting the meal Klee cooked with passion and a dash of love in her dish. Once they were done, Albedo insisted on washing the dishes since Klee always did that. While waiting for him, she decided to sweep up the house and fix anything that looked wrong. Although some parts of her liked to cause a ruckus (especially when catching fish) she always maintained her surroundings clean in the house. Or else she would get scolded by Albedo...

When they were finished, Klee ran up to him with the most excited smile he had seen today.

"May I please come with you this time? So I can see Princess Sucrose? Pretty please??"
She pleaded with her hands cupped and eyes sparkling like a puppy's eyes.

"Of course, you two make great friends."

"Yay!"
She jumped.

The two of them cleaned themselves up first before putting their shoes on and heading out. Albedo held out his hand to which she automatically accepted the invitation of holding hands. They walked out with the streets being busy as always. After a few steps of walking, Klee and Albedo finally went outside. He led her to the tree he usually sat under, waiting for Sucrose's arrival. However, since this was Klee's first time under the tree, she was confused.