Chapter 23

December 1, XXXX. 9:11 am.

'Twas the start of December, a joyous month and the beginning of a new year. As usual, everything seemed to be normal. Klee played around, Xingqiu read the books in the castle's library, Noelle did her duties, and both Sucrose and Albedo did alchemy. In a rather... separate place.

"Noelle,"
Sucrose called.

"Yes, Your Highness?"

"Are there any businesses that I need to handle in The Knights of Favonius?"

"Generous, are you now? Hehe. Well, there's none currently. I doubt there are at this time of the month. The Knights wanted you to enjoy December while your parents are busy. Besides, The King and Queen will settle the matters with their own hands. The tasks at hand in The Knights of Favonius are difficult for you to handle."

"Is that so? Well, I suppose I could enjoy a peaceful December."
Sucrose rubbed her chin.
"Are you busy Noelle?"

"Hm? No, not right now. Why?"

"Great! I'll get Klee and Xingqiu."

By the time Noelle ought to say something, Sucrose already disappeared from her sight. Holding out her hand to stop Sucrose, she slowly retracted it until it dropped to her side.

Moments later...

STEP STEP STEP

"Huh? Oh, greetings Your High—... eh?"
Noelle stood up, bowing before lifting her body to see Klee, Sucrose, and Xingqiu in winter clothes.

"Hey, Noelle! What d'ya think of our outfits?"
Klee asked enthusiastically.

"Winter clothes?"
Noelle pondered in confusion.
"But it isn't snowing?"

"You didn't see outside? It's snowing."
Sucrose mentioned.

"Wait, what? Really?"

Then, Noelle proceeded to walk to the window. There, she saw snow falling and some had laid on the ground. Noelle turned her head slowly to the others with her face full of silent shock while the others were smiling in excitement. Sucrose walked forward to Noelle who was holding her pair of winter clothes.

"But... Your High—"

Immediately, Sucrose shushed Noelle.

"Save the formalities, Noelle! Just call me Sucrose only. As well as Xingqiu. We're here to have fun!"
Sucrose danced, doing a little salsa dance.

"Are you sure?"
She asked, even taking a look at Xingqiu with a doubtful expression.

"Yeah. Not to be offensive, but even I'm getting tired of hearing 'Your Royal Highness'."

"We can build a HUGE snowman together!"
Exclaimed Klee, spreading out her arms while giggling.

"Alright. Just let me change."

A few minutes later...

"I'm here!"
Shouted Noelle, jogging out of the hallway.

"A perfect fit!"
Sucrose clapped.

"Come on! Let's go outside and play!"
Klee said, jumping with excitement.

"Alright, alright. Noelle, would you mind?"
Sucrose said, ordering Noelle to open the doors.

Noelle nodded, obliging as she walked away to open the double doors. Without struggle, she was able to open the doors with ease. And to their surprise, they saw children having fun and parents watching over them while they build a snowman, make Christmas angels, and have snowball fights. Klee jumped, then tried to run downstairs when suddenly—