Chapter 3

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

Sucrose was wandering around a plain of grass, with flowers on the grass. It looked oddly familiar from a place she visited every day. But there were ponds and a big lake. She wasn't sure how long she was wandering but she kept gasping because of how beautiful this place was. She walked upon a pond to see her reflection, sat on the grass, and played with the water. She stared at it for while until a familiar face showed up too. She turned around to see Albedo, smiling at her.

"Goodness gracious, don't scare me like that!"
She remarked.

"Heh, payback."
Albedo had a smug face.

"Hmph!"

Sucrose stood up and stared at Albedo. She was about to say something but she got mesmerized by his beauty, she really wasn't sure why he was an ordinary villager. She just stared at him, which made Albedo slightly uncomfortable.

"Sucrose?"

"A-ah, apologies... I must've... spaced out."

"It's fine, even people do that."

"As I was trying to say... What brings you here?"
She pulled her long low ponytail to her front, proceeding to sway side by side at a very slow pace.

Albedo couldn't help but glance away for a quick second and blush. But he was able to maintain his composure because he didn't want to look unprofessional.

"I'm.. not sure. I was just wandering until I saw you."

"Why can I relate at such a high level.."
She sounded like she was teasing him.

Sucrose walked passed him, strolling around with her arms on the back, dragging her feet as she made the grass rustle.

"Where are you going? You're not going to leave me here, are you?"
Albedo crossed his arms.

Sucrose turned back to him. She smiled sweetly, signaling that she would never leave Albedo like that. He felt his heart flutter in an instant, she was so beautiful and sweet. He walked closer to her.

"Does it look like I'm going to leave you?"

"I—"

"Think again."
She giggled.

A few minutes later, both were lying in the grass — surrounded by the earth. They were cloud gazing, trying to spot clouds that look familiar to everyday objects. Sadly, they weren't successful in finding clouds that look similar to things. Yet, they didn't mind. The fluffy clouds roamed slowly, taking their time to stroll in the azure skies.

"Quite the beautiful day, hm?"
Albedo asked, turning his head to Sucrose.

"Yes. It seems like a fairytale."

"Aren't you living that right now?"

"A fairytale?"

"Yeah, because many children would like to be in your position. To be part of royalty, a princess, being given freedom and privilege to fancy things or whatever."

Albedo turned his whole body to Sucrose, placing his arm underneath his head to cushion himself. She was quiet at first, thinking of what to say.

"Not really..."

"How so?"

"Well.. sometimes being in this position, as a princess can be quite tricky. Like, sometimes I'm not free to do anything. I was forbidden to go outside, now knowing the reason why my parents forbid me..."