Chapter 17

It's a new dawn and it's a new day for the two Royal children. The roosters were clucking, the birds were chirping and singing, the gentle wind was blowing, and the people of Mondstadt are as welcoming as ever. 

Sunshine sliced through Xingqiu and Sucrose's eyes harshly, forcing them to wake up. Xingqiu knew he had responsibilities and he had already woken up. While Sucrose, on the other hand, covered her face with a pillow to sleep more in the darkness where it was comfy. Xingqiu yawned, blinking a lot to fully wake his brain. Once he did so, he stood up just to go to the bathroom but he saw a curled-up Sucrose under a pillow and sheets.

"You're the future Queen who's going to rule this nation and yet you still need someone to wake you up? The roosters might've lost their voice by now trying desperately to wake you up."
He deadpanned, crossing his arms.

"Nghh, go away."
Sucrose muttered, turning to the other side.

Xingqiu sighed heavily in annoyance. He then removed the pillow that was covering her. And when he did, she shrieked and quickly covered herself with her blanket. Xingqiu dropped the pillow on the ground and dragged the blankets so that she wouldn't shield herself from the cold and Xingqiu. Sucrose got shocked that she looked at him but only to see his smug face, not knowing what he was about to pull.

"Wow, what insane bed hair."
Xingqiu mentioned.

"Eh?!"

Sucrose sat up and grabbed two pieces of her hair from both her left and right shoulder, inspecting it. When she saw how frizzy and tangled her hair was, she was like a steamed engine with an amount of power being pumped into it.

"Say that to yourself as well!"
Shouted Sucrose, pointing at him.

Xingqiu scoffed in offense and threw the pillow he dropped on the ground and at Sucrose just to shut her up. He giggled as Sucrose was caught off guard that she fell on her bed, though the throw was not hard but not soft at the same time. It was just in the middle. Sucrose removed the pillow from her face and threw it at the ground again.

"Why you little!"

Sucrose jumped off the bed and tackled Xingqiu, going in for a tickle to teach him a lesson. However, his senses were aware she was about to attack, and yet his reaction time was poor. So, he found himself in a predicament of him trying to fight back from the tickling fingers of Sucrose. They kept rolling on the ground, fighting with each other.

"You dare disturb my beauty sleep!?"
Sucrose shouted.

"And you dare lay off your responsibilities?!"
Xingqiu yelled in response.

"It's 7 am, why do you need to wake up so early? 8 is good and that's the time I wake up!"

"Oh, I'm sorry that you don't have such a strict and prepared life like mine that I can just wake up by myself instead of the rooster doing so, 'Your Highness'!"

"At least I got to have a bit of freedom!"

"Ew, go take a bath at least — you stink."

"Wha!— So do you—"

SLAM

"What is going on in here? And why are you two making so much noise in the morning?"

"Noelle?"

Sucrose immediately stood up and dusted off her pajamas. Xingqiu got confused as he stood up as well because Sucrose did so.

"It's Tuesday, what are you doing here?"

Noelle smiled at her as she walked forward.

"The Knights of Favonius allowed me to have a day off in celebration due to the visit of The Prince of Liyue. However, I think they were very late with that."
Noelle giggled, then glanced at Xingqiu.