39 - today was a fairytale

"time slows down
whenever you're around
can you feel this magic in the air?
it must've been the way you kissed me
fell in love when i saw you standing there
it must've been the way
today was a fairytale"

**READ 35 + 36 + 37 + 38 BEFORE THIS
ONE!**

Harry.

I got married today.

Under the cover of the stars, I hold my wife in my arms and I'm completely beside myself.

My dream has finally come true.

She yawns against my chest as we continue to sway in the silence of the meadow.

"You ready to go, Dennie love?" I look down at her and she looks up at me.

She shakes her head. "I'm not ready for today to end yet."

"Okay, we'll stay. However long you want."

Dennie leans her head back against my chest.

In this close togetherness, I recall the events from today. So much has happened that it doesn't even feel real.

Everything I could've wanted and more has happened. Dennie's moving to New York with me. She's pregnant with our child. We're married. Married. And Andie called me dad for the first time.

That's my favourite thing that's happened today. Well, second favourite.

I thought the highest honour that could ever be bestowed upon me was the title of 'Husband,' given by Nadine.

I was wrong.

The highest honour that could ever be bestowed upon me is the title of 'Dad,' given by my daughters.

Not only did I marry the love of my life today, I got a family too.

Since her birth, it's been just Lennon and I. She was my family and I was okay with that. For her sake, I wanted more but I was okay with what we had. It was small, but there was more than enough love to go around.

And then came Dennie.

Unexpectedly, she came back into my life and showed me what it's like to love and to be in love again. By existing, she served as proof that maybe, my hopes of expanding my family weren't as unattainable as I had thought.

Another song starts as we continue to sway, Frank Sinatra's "It Had To Be You." I hadn't picked a playlist or queued up anything else, so it must be playing the recommended songs. 

"Do you ever feel so happy that you just feel full?" She mumbles against me.

"Mhm." I hum.

"I feel like that now. You make me feel like that." She's quiet for a minute. "Lennon and Andie were right. Today was our happily ever after."

"Do you really think so?"

She nods.

"I think so too." I press a gentle kiss to the top of her forehead. "It's weird, I miss them already."

Nadine lets out a breathy laugh, almost as if the feeling is mutual and she's just as surprised as I am. "I know. It's barely been an hour. If that."

"Andie called me dad today." I squeeze our intertwined hands gently. 

"Lennon called me mum." She squeezes back. "When Finn just got here, and I was telling Andie about him, she asked if he'd be like you."

"She did?"