18

RACHEL AND GAR FELT UTTERLY helpless as they looked around and saw all of their friends under the control of Trigon

          RACHEL AND GAR FELT UTTERLY helpless as they looked around and saw all of their friends under the control of Trigon. Their eyes as black as night and void of any emotion, they were almost unrecognizable. In desperation to save Gar, Rachel was able to bring her father back to life but it had grave consequences. The duo had just finished running from Dick, only to be met by something even worse. Gar swore he felt his heart break when he his eyes landed on Ryan. It hurt him to know that she was only under Trigon's spell because she left the house to get help for him and now look at her. Who knew what was going on in her head right now?

" Really interesting group you have here. " Trigon taunted while he sauntered past the group, before stopping at Ryan. " But this one here-ah-the power that she holds. " He adds, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. " Beware of this one, the strength she has and...the darkness within her. Quite unexpected, but oh-so exciting."

" Get your fucking hand off her. " Gar snapped, eyes narrowing at the man. If it wasn't for the cautious hand Rachel had placed on his shoulder, he would have charged at him.

" Oh, sorry. " Trigon teased, placing his hand back down to his side. " Didn't think I would strike such a nerve. " He smiled. " But what a perfect oppurtunity for the final betrayal. You- " He turned to point at Ryan. " - Go get him. "

Wordlessly, Ryan marched towards the two. She pushed Rachel away with ease before sending a punch towards Gar. He tried his best to block the hit but it was no use. Her fist made contact with his jaw, causing blood to spew out of his mouth.

" Ryan, stop! " Rachel called out, running back towards the other girl. Rachel took hold of one of Ryan's arms, hoping to stop her from throwing another punch. Without a second thought, Ryan swung her arm backwards causing Rachel to fly back. She landed with a loud thud on the carpeted floor and began gasping for air, due to the wind being knocked out of her.

The next punch that Ryan threw caused Gar to fall to the ground, the blood oozing from lip and nose starting to pool around him.

" Stop holding back! " Trigon ordered, sensing that Ryan was not acting with all of her strength. " Finish him! "

" No, Ryan, please. Stop! " Rachel cried out.

As Gar fell on the ground she continued to punch and kick him on the ground, blood starting to splatter on her shoes and the lower part of her black jeans. At Trigon's order Ryan paused to grab hold of the collar of Gar's shirt. With one hand she pulled the boy to his feet, and forced him up against the wall. This was the first time the two had made eye contact, and in that moment Ryan froze for a moment.

" It's okay, Ryan. " He coughed out. The blood that was continuing to pool in his mouth was making it more difficult for him to speak. " I know this isn't you." He added, his voice soft and geniune as he continued to stare back her. " Just come back to me. I know you are in there, just please come back. "

A few seconds of silence passed, the two just staring at one another, Ryan's fist still tightly wrapped around Gar's collar. With a gasp Ryan came back to reality, her blue eyes reappearing as the black dissipated. Ryan's hands immediately realeased her grip, causing him to collapse to the ground.

" Oh my god. " She muttered, tears immediately starting to form in her eyes as she looked around her. Rachel laid a few feet behind her, groaning in pain. All of her friends seemed to be under the same the trance that she was, and worst of all, Gar laid barely conscious at her feet. His breathing was ragged and he looked like he had just been hit by a truck. " I'm sorry, oh my god, I am so sorry. " She choked out a sob as she fell to her knees. Carefully, she took his head in her hands and pulled him close to her chest.

Soon Ryan's sadness turned into overwhelming anger. Carefully, she placed Gar's head back on the floor beneath them and stood up. She glared at Trigon, her hands balling into fists so tight that her knuckles turned white.

" I am going to kill you. " She snarled before marching towards the couple, but Rachel stepped infront of her. " What are you doing, Rachel? "

" You can't kill them. " Rachel stated, causing Ryan's face to contort in confusion. " He is the only one who can save Gar, we still need him. "

The elder teen paused, her eyes switching from Rachel to the man behind her. Sadly, she knew Rachel was right. This horrid creature was their only hope. " Fine, fine. " Ryan nodded, taking a few steps back from the family.

" Save him! " Rachel begged once she turned back around to face her father. Trigon simply smiled down at his daughter, the look in his eyes made Ryan sick to her stomach.

" Not this time, I told you how this would end. " He answered, taking a step closer to Rachel. This motion caused Ryan to grab Rachel and pull her behind her own body. Turning herself into a human shield. " Ohh, so brave. " Trigon taunted as he stared down at Ryan. The older teen stood solid as a rock, her gaze unwavering as she looked back up the monster. " I really do like you, seriously but I am going to love watching this. "

" What are you talking about, you sadistic fuck? " Ryan shot back, and almost on cue all of their friends back circling her. Ryan moved Rachel out of the way before the group was able to fully surround her. " Uh, hey guys. You can all snap out of this, I swear. I did so I know you guys can too. " She spoke, but it was to no avail as they continued to close in on her. Hank was the one who swung first, which Ryan easily dodged. She sent a punch towards his ribcage, just hard enough to knock him on the ground. Next was Jason and Dawn. The two ran at her from opposite sides, she threw her hands up and grabbed a hold of their shirt collars. The duo stopped in their tracks, but they both began to punch and claw at her arms to try and let them down.

" Jesus, whatever spell you guys are under is making you guys a hell out a lot stronger. " She muttered, before tossing the two across the room. Jason landed on the tile floor in the kitchen, while Donna went the opposite way. She flew up against the wall, before crumbling to the ground. Even though Ryan knew she didn't throw the two hard enough to cause any real damage, she still couldn't help but cringe at the sight.

" Oh, fuck. " She breathed out as she noticed the three that were left standing. Dick, Donna, and Kory. They were the strongest ones, and Ryan would have been lying if she said she wasn't nervous. How was she supose to defend herself but also not hurt those around her? The three began cornering Ryan, their faces still as void of emotion as before. Ryan thought it was best to take out Dick first, knowing he would be the easiest. She sent a push kick in his direction, but failed to make contact. This was due to Kory blocking the blow with her forearm.

During these altercations, Rachel and her father had been having a conversation. The younger girl was begging her father to save Gar and to put a stop to all the violence, but it was to no use. Trigon didn't care about the pain he was causing, he never did.

" You should have listened to me, maybe they could have lived. Their deaths are on your hands. All this pain and sorrow is because of you. You made your friends do all of this. " Trigon explains, now moving closer to Rachel. " You're a monster inside. Bringer of death. That's all you are, all you've ever been. Just like me. " He sneered. " I'm sure this all breaks your heart...yes, I can see that it does. " His words caused Rachel to squeeze her eyes shut, tears falling down her cheeks. " Good. "

" Rachel! " Ryan called out, terrified about what was going to happen to her friend. A gasp eliciting from her lips as she watched Trigon reach into his own daughter's chest and rip her heart out. " No! " It was official. Ryan had lost everything. How were any of them going to come back from this?

________________________________

:( I do not like this chapter, and it is pretty short but i really wanted to get something out for you guys!