02

TW: PILLS

TW: PILLS

               RYAN TRAILED BEHIND THE BOYS, her eyes wandering around the beautiful apartment.

She had lived with Bruce for about ten years now, and still got amazed with how much money he had.

Even his safe houses were unreasonably big.

" According to Bruce, the design of this place was inspired by Frank Lloyd. " Jason informed.

" Wright. " Ryan and Dick retort, making her eyes roll. She really wanted them to stop doing that.

Jason pays the correction no mind and continues on his tangent.

" I know, right? " Ryan let out laugh at his response. " Dude's really into, you know, lines and shit. Bruce has a bunch of places like this. He calls them safe houses, but they're more like condos. Never been to one. "

" You're lucky. " Dick replies, which makes Ryan nod her head in agreement.

She had only gone to a safe house twice and both times involved someone almost dying.

Dick took a step in front of the retina scanner, but the device denied his access. Dick's brows furrow in confusion.

Ryan couldn't help but laugh a bit at him, which Dick simply ignores.

" I got this. " Jason said.

Dick moved out of the way to allow the teen the space to stand in front of the retinal scanner.

His access was granted.

Smiling smugly, Jason looked back at the two. Dick's eyes narrow at bit while Ryan returns a smile.

There were few times where Ryan enjoyed Jason's smugness and this was definitely one of those times.

" Guess he changed the locks. " Jason shrugged.

Soon the elevator opens up, Dick walking in first. The two teens following after him. Silence fell upon the trio, an awkward feeling in the air. Dick looked down at his suitcase and then casts a glance over at Jason's identical one.

" Why are you doing this?" Dick asks. " Why do you even want to be Robin? "

" Are you kidding? This is the dopest gig ever. " Jason stated, a look of shock on his face at the idea of someone not feeling the same as him. " Hanging out with Batman and Athena, kicking bad guy's asses, being famous, driving the god damn Batmobile. " He adds, excitement filling his voice.