10

" RYAN

     " RYAN. " DICK CALLED OUT as the group began putting their dishes away. She looks up at him, worry etched on his face. " Can I talk to you for a moment? " Her eyebrows raise for a moment, unsure of what could be coming. 

" Uh, yeah, sure. " She says as she followed the male up the stairs. He lead her into the room he had been staying in, and closed the door behind her. " What's going on...? " 

" I'm going to be separating from the group. " He says, his hands stuffed in his pockets as his eyes switch from Ryan's gaze to the ground beneath them. 

" What do you mean you're separating? " She asks. " Are you fucking leaving again? " Her eyes narrow at him, as she shakes her head. 

" Rachel doesn't need me anymore, everyone is safe. " He tries to explain, but he is met with a scoff. " And I still have a lot of stuff I need to sort through. " 

" God, you and your constant excuses. It is honestly getting exhausting. " She snaps, glaring at Richard. The familiar feeling of betrayal washing over her. " But what about me, huh? You said Rachel doesn't need you anymore but what about me? " 

" You don't need someone like me. " He answers, honestly. 

" What the fuck are you talking about? "

" I can't help you the way I used to." He paused for a moment, before releasing a sigh. " I saw you at the asylum. The anger that is in you, and the....the switch that flips in your head, and how uncontrollable you can become. I can't help you with that because I have that problem too. " He admits. Ryan's anger transforms into sadness and guilt as she stays silent.  " And until I figure all my shit out, it's just best if I go off by myself. You don't need me. " He reiterates. Ryan continued to stay silent for a few more moments, before letting out a huff. 

" It still sucks. " She says, plopping down on the bed. 

" Yeah it does. " He agreed, walking over to sit next to her. " But I promise it won't be like last time. I won't fall of the face of the earth. " Ryan, simply nods her head at him. " Plus, it seems like Gar will keep you company. " 

" Oh my god. " She mutters, giving a chuckle. " You sound like Jason. " 

" Jason is not right about ninety-five percent of stuff but he's right about this. I see the way he looks at you. " She rolls her eyes at his words. " And I see the way you look at him. I'm surprised, though, he doesn't seem like your type. " 

" Shut up, Richard. "

     " SO, WHAT, THIS IS, LIKE, the end of the team? " Gar asks. After the conversation between Ryan and Dick, he told the rest of the group about his departure. All he told them was that he had business he needed to attend to. Ryan, anxiously, picked at her nails. She believed Dick when he said it would be different this time but she there was still a part of her that was unsure. She just didn't want to lose him. 

" Technically, we were never really a team. " Dick replies, turning back to face the others.

" Oh we were a team. " Kory says, cutting Dick off. The group shared glances at one another, unsure of what to do. Ryan was the first to approach Dick. 

" You better keep your promise. " She says, before they pull each other into a hug. 

" I will. " 

" Seriously, you better, because if you do I will fly up to Donna's place and hurt you. " She warns, the two pull away from each other. Dick had a confused look on his face. 

" How did you know I was going to Donna's? "

" She's always the person you go to when you need extra advice. She's like your platonic soulmate. " The two share a chuckle, as Dick nods his head in agreement. " Also, tell her I said hi."  They share one last smile before Ryan makes her way back to her spot next to Gar.

" I'll see you all again sometime. Rachel? " He says, but Rachel wouldn't meet his eyes. Ryan silently watched Rachel, understanding exactly have she felt in that moment. 

" She'll be okay. " Kory says in an attempt to reassure Dick that all was fine. The two take a few steps away from the teens and Angela, it seemed like they were having an " adult " conversation. 

" Are you okay Rachel? " Ryan says, this causes Rachel's eyes to move from the concrete to her own

" I don't know. " She says, giving a shrug. " How do you handle him leaving like this? " 

" Not very well. I wanted to kill him the first time. " Ryan admits. " But we just have to try to understand his point of view. He never does anything with the intentions of hurting anyone. He does it because he thinks it will help everyone. " 

" That doesn't make any sense. " 

" Yeah, but when you are raised by Bruce Wayne? Lots of things you do don't really make any sense to people who weren't " 

" Did Bruce Wayne do something bad to you guys? " Gar asks, worry in his voice. He was nervous that one of his idols could up being a bad person. 

" Guess it depends on what you consider bad. " Ryan answers honestly as she shrugged at him. " Just my point is that, Bruce taught us a lot stuff. How to maintain healthy relationships instead of running away from them, was definitely not one of them " She adds. " I really believe he is doing what he thinks is right. " 

" Wait! " Rachel suddenly calls out, after staying silent for several moments. She runs up to Dick and engulfs him in a hug. Dick was clearly surprised by this but, happily accepts the hugs nonetheless. After a few seconds, Rachel pulls away and mutters. " Asshole. " 

" You sounded so wise. " Gar says, teasingly. 

" Of course. " Ryan answers. " It's because I am. " The two share a chuckle as they watched Rachel make her way back to the group. She stops in front of Ryan. 

" Thank you for that. "

" Don't mention it. "