06

RYAN DID NOT EXPECT HER little get away from Gotham to turn out like this

RYAN DID NOT EXPECT HER little get away from Gotham to turn out like this. Of course she knew that there would be some type of trouble, but all of this?

While the teens waited for Dick and Kory to return, Rachel and Gar told Ryan what they had been through before this. They explained how the whole group came together, what exactly happened to Hank and Dawn, and how they were almost killed by a family of assassins.

Just when Ryan thought she had heard it all.

Soon after Rachel and Gar had given Ryan all of the important information, the two adults appeared from the bathroom. It was clear they were as shaken up as the teenagers.

Dick released a nervous sigh as he sat down on the couch, it was clear he had something important to say. " He says your birth mother is still alive. "

" What? " Rachel was quick to respond, the shock evident in her voice.

The other four all exchange nervous glances, unsure how to console Rachel in this situation.

" He claims they've been holding her prisoner. He may be lying. " Dick explained.

" He says your mother's name is Angela Azarath. " Kory said, walking over to join Ryan, Gar, and Dick on the couch. " They're holding her at some asylum. Apparently, he and his people on dead set on keeping you two apart. "

" Why? " Gar asked, taking the word right of Ryan's mouth.

A look of confusion growing on the three teen's faces.

" Some more blabber about Rachel's father and his divine mission. " Kory said, releasing a sigh. " I don't know. Sounds like your mother isn't a fan. "

" My mom's alive, I could meet my mom. " Rachel muttered, a bit of excitement becoming clear in her voice. " We have to go. Now. " She said, quickly standing up.

It was clear that she was ready to leave right this second. Ryan could feel her anxiety begin to rise. She had enough experience with these kind of people to know that it wouldn't be as easy as waltzing in and rescuing Angela. There would be many obstacles, dangerous ones. Ones that Rachel didn't understand, or know how to look out for.

" Even if he is telling the truth, this could be a trap. " Dick explained, and Ryan couldn't help but nod her head in agreement. " At best, we would be marching into an enemy stronghold. You've seen what these people can do. No one's going anywhere until we take some time for recon. "

It is immediately clear that Rachel isn't okay with his answer.

" But what if they move her? " Rachel said, trying to reason with the male. " They know we have him. "

" I'm not risking all of our lives on his word. " Dick replied, sadness filling his voice. It was evident he felt guilty, but they risks out weighed everything else. " I'm sorry. "