05

RYAN HAD GOTTEN ANOTHER hour of sleep before the nightmares appeared in her head once again

Due to this, she was wide awake by five am and was scrolling on her phone to pass the time. Her eyes snapped up from the device when she heard a knock on the door, a look of confusion growing on her face as she saw that it's Dick. " Come in. " She said, dropping her phone to the side.

" I'm surprised you're awake. " He said, closing the door behind him and taking a seat in the corner of the room.

" Oh, don't lie. " She responded, eyes rolling at him " I have had sleeping problems for as long as we can both remember. "

" Yeah, I guess you're right. " He said, chuckling as he did.

" So, where's Jason? Is he waiting for me downstairs? " She asked, peering down the hallway to see if Jason was nearby.

" No, he's already on his way back to Gotham. " He said, causing another look of confusion grew on her face.

" What do you mean? Why didn't he call me when he left? We were suppose to leave together. "

" I asked him not to call you. " Dick stated.

A look of irritation grew on Ryan's face at his words. He had no right to ask Jason to not contact her.

She opened her mouth to speak but Dick, quickly, cut her off. " There's something I wanted to talk about with you. In person. "

He let out a nervous sigh as he watched Ryan's eyebrows raise, praying this conversation didn't end up with more holes appearing in the condo.

" I messed up when I left the way that I did. " He starts. " I was selfish and I didn't consider what would happen to you. "

Ryan's jaw tightens as he speaks, not expecting him bring this up.

" Being Robin was getting to be too much for me, and that's no excuse, but it's just the only explanation that I have. I abandoned you and I'm sorry. " She stared back at him, a bit too overwhelmed to speak. " And I would like to make up for it. So, would you like to stay here with me? And everyone else?"

His words were met with silence, anxiety filling the girl.  She never liked Gotham. The city made her feel as if she was constantly suffocating, so maybe getting some time away would help? But could she leave Jason behind? It made her nervous to think about all the bad choices he could make without her being there.

" Plus, we could really use your help. You are the strongest one. " He added, grinning as he did. She sucked in a breath, before giving a nod.