13

" I AM GUESSING THIS IS OUR RIDE

" I AM GUESSING THIS IS OUR RIDE. " Ryan called out as she noticed a maintenance truck a few meters away from the group.

" Yep. " Gar replied, as he started to strip off his clothes to transform. Ryan, shamelessly, stared as he shifted. Due to the previous circumstances, she wasn't able to fully appreciate how amazing it was to see him morph. It looked so effortless and freeing. She also wasn't previously able to admire how good he looked naked. It wasn't long till Gar was able to successfully scare off the driver, who frantically ran away upon seeing a rogue tiger running towards him. 

" Hey not to sound like a huge perv or anything, " Ryan said, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder as he slide his pants back on. " But you look really good naked. " At her words Gar's face turned bright red in a matter of moments.

" Oh-I-uh-I mean-Thank-ha-um-you. " Gar sputtered as Ryan simply made her way to the back seat of the truck, along side Rachel. The boy let out an awkward cough before sucking in a deep breath, hoping to stop his heart from bursting out his chest. He made his way to the back seat as well, seating next to Ryan. With the three teens safely in the back, Angela drove off.

Soon the group found Kory on the side of road, seemingly unbothered by the whole ordeal. The car slows to a halt upon seeing her, Angela rolls down the window to let Kory know it was them. " Do you wanna drive? " She asked.

" If you don't mind. " Kory replied, a smile on her face. Angela then switches to the passenger seat, allowing Kory to take the driver's.

" Well, that was an eventful train ride. " Ryan spoke, giving a small nod.

" Hell yeah it was. " Kory said, before turning up whatever radio station was on and driving off into the distance

" WAIT, YOU SPEAK HOW MANY LANGUAGES? " Gar asked, a shocked expression his face.

" Six. " Ryan answered simply as an impressed look made it was on the two teen's faces.

" Six? " Rachel asked, which caused Ryan to nod her head in response. " What languages? "

" Well, obviously English. Then Tagalog, Spanish, American Sign Language, and Chinese. Specifically, Mandarin. "

" How did you learn all of those? " Gar asked.

" The manor is shockingly boring sometimes, so I had to fill my time with something. Plus, Bruce has all that techy shit and so much money. I had like endless resources. "

" Can you say something? "

" In which language? "

" All of them. " Rachel let out a chuckle at Gar's request.

" Jeez, dude, she isn't some dancing monkey. " She retorted, causing the two girls let out a chuckle.

" How about I sign something? " Ryan offered, which the two happily accepted. She signed, Hello my name is Ryan. I am a superhero.

" What did you say? " Gar asked, excitement in his voice.

" Hello my name is Ryan. I am a superhero. Super exciting, right? " The group shared a chuckle as the car slowed to stop in the driveway of Angela's house. It was small, and bleak. Everything was grey and covered in cobwebs. It was obvious that the house had been vacant for years. It was definitely different from the luxurious houses Ryan had gotten use to.

The group piled out of the truck, their gazes fixated on the deteriorating house before them. " Cool. " Gar beamed, a wide smile on his face as everyone approached the house. Angela walked up on the porch, towards a potted plant. She gave a small smile which she realized that her keys were still there. While Angela was heading towards the door, everyone else tried peering in through the windows but nothing could be seen. Everything was too dusty and dark. Once Angela unlocked the front door, she turned to face Rachel and sent her a smile. 

" Come on. " She said, motioning them to follow her inside. Gar seemed to be the only one who had no hesitation and bounced inside, a smile on his face. Kory sauntered in after him. Rachel and Ryan shared a look, it was clear the younger girl was nervous. 

" Go on. " Ryan spoke, giving the girl a small nudge. " It'll be fine. " She sent her friend a smile, which Rachel returned and took a step inside of the doorway. The blue haired teen stopped once she noticed her counterpart wasn't following behind her. 

" Are you not coming? " 

" No, I am. I just am going to take a quick walk. Check the parameter, make sure everything looks okay. " 

" God, you and Dick are more similar than I thought. " She teased, causing the two to share a chuckle. It wasn't a complete lie, Ryan was going to walk the parameter but it was more than that. The closer they had gotten to the house, the more her anxiety started to rise. She hoped that the fresh air would calm her down. She told herself that it was just the asylum getting in her head but she knew that it was something else. Something was not right about this place, but she couldn't be the one to say it. Rachel deserved to be happy, even for a moment. 

As she continued to wander through the yard, her eyebrows raised as she saw a car approaching. A rather nice car, which Ryan soon recognized. She approached the car, a wide smile on her face as she saw her friends get out of the car. 

" Donna! " Ryan said, arms already open to embrace her elder. 

" Ryan! " She said, meeting her with the same enthusiasm, embracing her as well.

" I am also here. " Dick said, his head popping out from the side of the car. 

" Yeah but that's not important. " Donna Troy retorted, not even bothering to look over her shoulder as she spoke. Ryan nodded her head in agreement. " It's good to see you. "

" It's good to see you too. " Ryan said. " But, what are you guys doing here? How did you guys know where we were? " Before the adults were able to respond, a large crash came from inside the house. The trio all shared a quick glance before rushing towards the house. Dick made it to the door first, bulldozing through. 

" Kory, what are you- " His words were cut off by Gar's body being thrown at him. 

" Holy shit! " Ryan called out, once she saw what was happening. She rushed to Dick and Gar, who were both currently gasping for air. " Are you guys okay? " She asked, and all the two could do was simply nod and point to the corner of the room. Angela was frantically holding onto Rachel, cowering into a corner. Fear was etched on their features as Kory continued to march towards the two. Ryan jumped up, ready to run towards the woman but was stopped by Donna. In a swift motion she swung the lasso of truth around Kory's neck. 

" Stop. " She ordered. Kory was forced to look back at Donna, her face contorted in confusion. Kory was about to raise her hand, ready to cause more damage, but Donna rolled across the ground before forcefully pulling on the lasso. This resulted in Kory being flung across the room, the impact knocking her unconscious. 

" Things can never just be easy, huh? " Ryan questioned to herself before letting out a huff. " Seriously, what the fuck was that?"