17

ALL RYAN COULD see was the bright, white light for the next multiple minutes She felt as if she had walked through a portal and was now in a new universe

          ALL RYAN COULD see was the bright, white light for the next multiple minutes She felt as if she had walked through a portal and was now in a new universe. The new universe felt so real and vivid but slightly out of touch. An uncanny feeling washed over her, until it all suddenly stopped and a feeling of normalcy replaced those prior feelings. Ryan had even forgotten about what had happened moments ago. She was herself again, in her own world.

" Ryan? " A voice called out, causing Ryan to whip around and find the source of the noise. It was Gar. He was older now, around twenty and had a confused look on his face. " You okay? "

" Yeah. " She responded, becoming grounded once again. " Sorry, I just lost focus there for a second. "

" It's okay. " He responded, a warm smile on his face as he approached her. He wrapped his arms around her waist. " You know, after two whole years of being together, you would think that I would know what is happening inside that pretty head of yours. "

" Yeah, well. " Ryan shrugged, reaching up to wrap her arms around neck. " I just like to keep you on your toes. "

" Oh, yeah? " He asked, raising an eyebrow at Ryan before leaning closer to her.

" Yeah. " She confirmed with nod, closing the gap between the two. The kiss between the couple started off sweet and gentle. A few more moments passed before Gar's grip on her waist tightened, pulling her closer.  The kiss continued to deepened as time continued to pass. Ryan's hands had entangled themselves in the boy's hair, giving a slight tug. Gar, gently, pressed Ryan's body up against the white wall behind her.  She was quick to remove the leather jacket she was wearing, and right as the fabric hit the wooden floor, Ryan pulled away from the kiss. A puzzled look appearing on her face.

" What? " Gar asked, a bit breathless due what the two had just been doing and a small pout forming on his face due to the interuption.

" A car just pulled into our driveway. " She answered. " And I can hear them walking up to the door. Are you expecting anyone? "

" No. " He answered, simply. Ryan released Gar from her grasp and began walking towards the door, unsure of who could be making a surprise appearance at their house. She was about halfway to the door, before swiftly turning around to face her boyfriend.

" You should probably do something about that. " She teased, sending a quick point towards the lower half of Gar's body. It was clear that he had been aroused due to their previous position, and the grey sweatpants he was wearing had only made it more obvious. " Also, can you get my jacket please? "

" Oh. " He muttered, before releasing a small chuckle. " Yeah, j-just go answer the door. " Ryan let out a small laugh at his words as she reached the door. She swung it open, to reveal Dick Grayson. He was about to knock on the door, but Ryan had beat him to it.

" I still forget sometimes how good your hearing is. " He joked.

" What are you doing here? " Ryan asked, immediately sensing something was not right about the situation. " We weren't expecting you for another couple weeks. "