25 | Chapter Twenty Five

»--•--«

ACT ONE

Chapter Twenty Five

»--•--«

'Where goodbyes that aren't forever are said'

»--•--«

"FUCK ME IT STINKS." ARTHUR GRUMBLES, Polly and Ada to his right, Tommy behind them and Finn to his left, the five of them walking in a somewhat herd.

"Like shite." Ada mumbles, her and Polly's interlinked arms tightening just that little bit more as they approach the docks.

"That's because it is shite," Her aunt tells her, "fish shite." The words leave her lips half-heartedly, a distasteful twang makes her face stiff and her eyes almost empty as they look at all the boats.

The Shelby clan make their way, snaking through the crowds whilst keeping a sharp eye.

"Ridiculous."

As her eyes land upon a car situated on the concrete just a mere 15 metres away from the dock, Ada spitefully utters the word under her breath. The remark applying to the four men surrounding the car, fedoras' low, covering their eyes, and builds' bulky. Louise waiting patiently inside the car as Luca stands with the door open, one hand on his waist underneath his jacket, the material hanging over it limply.

"Very casual, eh?" Tommy says blankly, lighting up a cigarette as his eyes tiresomely trail elsewhere. Polly and Ada stand to his right, Arthur just behind Tommys left shoulder, Finn beside him.

Luca stares blatantly irritated at Tommys remark before leaning away from the car, extending a hand to Louise as his eyes remain on his new brother in law.

Without looking ar Luca, Louise steps out the car, her head covered by a rather round and big summer hat, it's gentle beige making her hair seem darker.

Luca hastily shuts the door being Louise, his hand no longer in her eyes as she clutches her purse worriedly. The atmosphere resembling the clash of fire and petrol, waiting to combust the minute they come too close to one another.

"Suppose you better get on the boat." Tommy taunts secretly, only Louise knowing the true malice behind his words.

Luca just shrugs, poking his tongue into his cheek in a childish manner as he keeps his rather regular patronising
performance.

"I suppose we should." Louise smiles softly, her shoulders dropping as she lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding. A small chill of sea air ripples through them all, the wispy bits of Louise's hair catching a tear before it falls, the bitter parting making her stomach churn.

Polly takes the lead, seeming fed up with the slow pace of the conversation, gently taking Louise's hand and guiding them both towards the dock, crates and people scattered over the concrete dressed in dry seaweed.

"This is disastrous." Louise mumbles to her aunt.

"Even more of a reason for you to get on that bloody boat and create some distance between yourself and Birmingham," Polly says harshly, not liking the series of events that has recently occurred, Louise feeling upset by her remark. "I want phone calls and letters, nothing less." Polly side eyes her niece, a gentle smile tugging at both of their lips.