13 | Chapter Thirteen

»--•--«

ACT ONE

Chapter Thirteen

»--•--«

»--•--«

'Where some feelings are revealed'

»--•--«

"IT CROSSED MY MIND THAT YOU HAVEN'T GOT AN ENGAGEMENT RING." Luca's dry and monotone voice startles Louise slightly, her mind facing reality rather than her thoughts as she looks out the window at the small droplets slipping down the glass. He stares longingly at her, letting his head rest on the doorframe as she sits there, still.

She doesn't reply, instead he walks up behind her, gently grabbing her hand as he slides a massive diamond onto her finger. He lets his fingers softly tickle the top of her hand before he brings it to his lips, pressing a kiss to the ring before folding her hand to kiss her knuckles. Although the action causes her insides to tingle slightly, Louise merely reacts as she sits on the bay window of the Changretta home.

"Get your coat on." He instructs out of the blue, tucking a few strands of her hair behind her ears as she stares at him, confused. As she opens her mouth to ask him why he stops her. "Don't question me, just do it."

She looks at him, crossing her arms in a stubborn matter.

"Please, mio tesoro." He begs softer, however reluctantly. Sighing in defeat, Louise lifelessly stands from her seat by the window, letting Luca lead her down stairs, wrapping her in her coat as she stares blankly at the floor.

It has come to Luca's attention that her spark has gone, died out. It has also come to his attention that he misses it, even if he hasn't admitted it out loud. He finds himself hanging on her every word, worried that it'll be her last, worried that one day she'll just stop talking completely.

Putting up the umbrella, Luca offers her his leather gloved hand, his darker eyes roaming her sad face as they stand on the doorstep.

"Come on." He gently encourages, waiting for her smaller hand to slip into his the same way the gloomy sky waits to spit down onto them.

Hesitantly and clearly lacking any enthusiasm, Louise slides her hand into his, stepping off the step and closer to him, seeking comfort in being nearer to her fiancé.

The two have a weird 'friendship', they will throw bitter comments at one another some days and be amused by eachother the next, a never ending cycle of unpredictable interactions. It all depends on how they are feeling when they wake up and what time of the day they end up seeing eachother since Luca doesn't always come home straight away and leaves before she awakes. The two explanations for this are simple, one he doesn't wish to interrupt Louise's growing comfort in her new home, and two, he feels that if he avoids her, he's avoiding his confusing feelings for her too.