23 | Chapter Twenty Three

»--•--«

ACT ONE

Chapter Twenty Three

»--•--«

»--•--«

'Where the mingling of a Peaky Blinder and Jew is confirmed '

»--•--«

"FUCK ME HE'S DONE IT!" ARTHUR EXCLAIMS HAPPILY, having found himself a new friend in Isaac Miller, the two now downing drinks that they have made one other.

"For fuck sake they're gonna be hammered." Polly mutters, a drink hanging limply in her hand as she rests her elbow on the table, her legs crossed while she looks out at everybody.

"I'm sorry have you forgotten Arthur Shelby's main goal half of the time?" Ada moans, bringing a small glass of Gin to her red lips.

"And what would that be?"

"To get shitfaced, aunt Pol." Arthur cheers proudly, just about hearing their conversation before him and Isaac burst into an uncontrollable fit of laughter.

"Oh so you can hear that but you couldn't hear me when I told you not to start eating that bloody buffet?!" Polly stands, her voice stern as Arthur muffled his laughter with his suit sleeve.

"What was that Polly, we can't hear ya?" Isaac chirps, him and Arthur looking like mischievous toddlers as they sit, cheeks rosy and chests wheezy from all the laughing.

"Bastards." She mutters, a small smirk playing on Tommy's face as he watches them, sitting on Pol's left, Ada on her right.

"Are we gonna split them up?" Finn teases, coming up to stand behind Ada's chair; leaning down to be near her and his aunt's ears.

"Fuck that," Ada hisses as she backs another drink. "We're not their bloody mothers."

The two woman laugh as Arthur falls off of his chair, Finn simply rolls his eyes as a smile itches at his lips, Tommy chuckles quietly to himself as Isaac stands, gripping onto Arthur. He tries to haul him up, the two using eachother to stabilise themselves.

"What do we think then, eh?" Louise squeals happily as she skips in front of her family, now dressed in a shorter dress ready to dance all night whether it be with Italians, Brummies or Jews apparently, Isaac having brought a few with him.

"Fuckin' marvellous." Polly cheers as she lifts her drink with a grin, Ada raising her's too, the two women looking happily at Louise.