12 | Chapter Twelve

»--•--«

ACT ONE

Chapter Twelve

»--•--«

»--•--«

'Where things get too much'

»--•--«

"THERE IS A WIDE VARIETY THAT I HAVE PREPARED FOR YOU." A very posh baker explains to his new judging board consisting of Louise, Audrey and Luca, Tommy having declined the invitation much to Louise's heartbreak.

"There is Carrot Cake, Victoria Sponge, Red Velvet, Chocolate and fruit cake to name the more popular ones." Mr Francis, who is coincidentally French with a strong accent, continues gesturing to all the different small plates of cake infront of him.

The Changretta's dining room has been transformed into a cake testing trial room, many small plates of china holding small pieces of cake, the colour and flavours both being widely ranged. Louise sits shyly to Luca's right in a simple white floral knee length dress, Audrey to his left in a sage green blazer and skirt ensemble as they all sit in the middle of the long cream coloured table.

"Is there any you have in mind? Mr Changretta?" He asks, Luca not realising he is talking to him as he fiddles with his sleeve. "Mr Changretta?" He says louder, Luca's head snapping up from his lap.

"What?" Luca asks defensively, his eyebrows furrowed.

"He was speaking to you and you weren't listening." Audrey hisses, crossing her arms at her son.

"Merda, scusa." Luca apologies half-heartedly, his mother shaking her head at him from the side.

"Are there any particular flavours that you had in mind sir?" The man repeats, lacing his white gloves fingers together as Luca's eyes roam the table.

Luca just shrugs, Louise's knee bouncing ever so slightly under the table as her gaze shifts to outside.

"Lou?" Luca says, softer than usual as he places an arm around the back of her chair.

"Hm?" She hums gently, slowly turning her head towards him.

"What's your favourite cake flavour?" He slightly mumbles in her direction, making the conversation feel more private.

"She mentioned she likes chocolate." Audrey answers for her, knowing Louise was about to say that she didn't mind, which she is 100% correct.