20 | Chapter Twenty

»--•--«

ACT ONE

Chapter Twenty

»--•--«

»--•--«

'Where the past receives a few visits'

»--•--«

"OH FOR FUCK SAKE." LOUISE CURSES UNDER HER BREATH, the knocking of the door having snatched her attention from her magazine as she places it onto the kitchen island, hopping off the stool and shuffling her way to the door, dreading the visitor.

"Bonjourno!" Pedro squeals as soon as Louise opens the door, his sudden burst of volume making her grip on the door tighten slightly.

"Hiya." Louise greets, less enthusiastic and more casually as she lets the wedding planner inside. Pedro Toscano is a man of many eccentric ways, he reminds Louise of a ribbon, it can come in many forms and you never quite know it's next move, whether it's going to flow in the wind or snap, unpredictable. In fact, the only thing that is a guarantee with Pedro is that at some point he will have a melt down.

"Mr Changretta not home, no?" He enquires, his dark hair fluffy and styled, his lean and skinny figure looking ready to break as he lingers in the hallway.

"No, uh, he's at the office, I'm afraid it's just me." Louise nervously laughs, finding the man difficult to put up with.

"Nonsense, that is fantastico." He dismisses her, wafting the air around them as he flaps his hand around, as if he were trying to shoo away any negativity from Louise.

"I heard about the disaster." He tells Louise as he sits on the sofa, legs crossed and tea in hand, pinky out of course.

"I wouldn't say it ran smoothly." Louise admits slightly defeated by it and not wishing to relive the day which only occurred a mere 72 hours ago.

"Let's hope this time goes better." Raising his eyebrows in an annoyed and fed up matter, Pedro mumbles, the whole interaction making Louise want to smash the teacup over his skinny face.

"Flowers." She states simply.

"Eh, flowers?" He repeats.

"That's right, I asked for bright red roses, the ones at the church were almost maroon."

"Well, you see, Mr Cha-"