17 | Chapter Seventeen

»--•--«

ACT ONE

Chapter Seventeen

»--•--«

»--•--«

'Where the domino of events starts'

»--•--«

THE INTERACTION BETWEEN LOUISE AND MICHEAL WAS EXTREMELY OUT of the ordinary, the awkward and on edge atmosphere confirming Louise's worries; her and Micheal will never be the same again. The two had taken so long to get along with one another, Micheal disliking how much Polly treated Louise like her own daughter and would often get jealous. But soon, after quite a few of attempts from the other family members, the two managed it themselves and formed a bond as thick of thieves. Now? Louise wasn't so sure and it hurt her, just like everything else she has had to give up for her new 'marriage'.

It's thoughts like these that are riddling Louise's mind as she sits at the vanity, an uneasy feeling settling upon her, like something is going to go wrong and she knew it. Polly of course tried to settle the girl's numerous words of warning but Louise's nerves aren't settling. Not at all.

"Poll, it feels wrong. Something is going to go wrong." Louise pleads, her hands balled into anxious fists, her nails almost digging as she tries to refrain herself from crying.

"Don't be daft." Polly tells her for the hundredth time, seeing the girl isn't listenPolly lightly hits her with the hairbrush.

"Pol-"

"It's a wedding. Yours Louise. Do you think with that band of brothers of yours that they are going to let anything go wrong?" She reasons, propping her hand onto her hip impatiently.

Louise nods, taking a deep breath as she forces herself into a brighter mood, Polly's right, it's my wedding day.

"Come on, let's get ya dress on." Ada suggests, grinning as she holds the frock up, Louise's bare feet shuffling against the cold floor of the hotel room, all three of the women dressed in robes.

At the sight of her dress Louise feels better, absolutely adoring it along with her hair, now in waves and her left side bit pinned. she pushes aside the heavy feeling clamping down onto her chest and allows her aunt and sister to get her changed.

»--•--«

knock knock.

A dramatic and desperate knock interrupts the four women, Audrey now having turned up, the whole room oozing with familiarity and comfort; aspects Louise is needing gratefully. Having always been one of the more sensitive Shelby's, that also means Louise has been more anxious and nervy. On your wedding day this isn't very handy but the support from her two mother figures and older sister, she's sure she can pull through, for her family and Luca's sake.