16 | Chapter Sixteen

»--•--«

ACT ONE

Chapter Sixteen

»--•--«

»--•--«

'Where the wedding can be seen on the horizon'

»--•--«

ALTHOUGH LOUISE AND LUCA SHARE A CONNECTION, the two find it difficult to keep up with the progress everytime it is made, like stepping on ice, scared that the next step will make you fall through. Some days they find their hearts melting slightly at the small intimate moments. Other days they exchange small petty comments about one another, yet Louise finds herself waiting up for him to come home late at night, realising he hasn't come back. He finds himself defending Louise when any of his family members refer to her as a 'pikey' or take advantage of her kindness and purity, well sometimes, remembering she's a Shelby of course and will lose her temper.

The wedding is in a week, Louise and Luca have started to realise what it is that they have gotten themselves into and although she doesn't fully love him she know it's going to be fine, especially with his mamma around to make sure of it.

Tonight is one of those nights where Louise finds herself sat on the sofa of the fancy house in Birmingham that belonged to the Changretta's. Louise reassured Mrs Changretta that she would stay up until her son came home but as her eyelids are getting heavier and heavier she's finding the task difficult.

The lavish velvet of the sofa is comfortable against her skin as she sits there waiting for him, just so that she too can finally go to bed and fulfil her promise to the older woman. However she isn't looking forward to the smug look he's going to have after realising she's waited up for him.

She would, and still will, always deny that any part of her has strong feelings for him but as each day goes on she finds the small things about Luca. Small things that she can see herself liking about her future husband.

The small click of the front door unlocking snaps her out of her thoughts as the certain Changretta she has waited up for walks in. His black coat outlining his lean figure, his tattoos peeking out here and there.

She arises silently from her seat and spares a second to look at him as he removes his coat and hat; she can tell he's stressed.

"You alright?" She asks quietly and casually trying to cover up her slight concern, fiddling with her hands like she usually does.

Their eyes meet for a second as he searches hers, trying to see if the worry he had detected was correct.

"I'll be fine, mio tesoro." He says with a shake of his head as he makes his way to the small bar. "My mamma ask you to stay up again?"