07 | Chapter Seven

»--•--«

ACT ONE

Chapter Seven

»--•--«

»--•--«

'where it all truly starts'

»--•--«

THE DUSTY SMOKE SLOWLY DRIFTS ONTO THE BUSY PLATFORM, clusters and clusters of people rushing about. Louise standing patiently in her navy coat with a fur collar and sleeve rims, waiting for Ada to step off the train. She twists and moves her head to look along the line, her eyes searching for her older sister. Causing her to freeze, she catches the sight of somebody else. Their tall figure being enveloped in white steam, their blank and empty eyes staring right back at her. She feels a small storm of hatred brew inside of her, a small storm of fury.

"Lou!" Ada shouts, snatching her sister's attention away from Luca.

A smile replaces her bewildered expression, as both of the Thornes step down off the train and up to the Shelby.

"Hello." Louise softly greets, giggling as she does so.

She quickly turns her head to the side, wanting to see if Luca is still there yet she's met with swarms of others.

"Alright Auntie Lou?!" Karl shouts as he runs towards her, wrapping his arms around her automatically.

"Fine sweetheart, just fine, how about you? Have you been looking after your mum?" She asks, stroking the young boy's hair as he looks up at her.

"Of course." He grins.

"Well if you look after me so well come help me with these bloody bags." Ada playfully scolds, Karl removing his arms from his aunt before going back to his mum and receiving a bag for him to hold.

"Come on then, Tommy's only let me out to come and get you, there's about three blinders with us." Louise rolls her eyes as Ada and Karl start to walk out of the station.

She spares a moment to double check that Luca is gone, looking inbetween all the different figures that dance upon the platform. For some reason she wants to see him, she feels angry for sure but she can't deny Luca has a charm about him. Wondering whether it was just her imagination, Louise sighs with relief at not seeing him.

"Come on, Lou." Ada calls softly as she turns around, her sister nods and they all clamber into the car Tommy has insisted they travel in.