XXVIII. Self Care

Chapter 28, Self Care
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     " Okay well the carnival's tomorrow so put your big girl pullups on. "

  ~ Aurelia's POV ~

         "We should go to the gym, low-key want abs."

      Kyla suggested as she stared at herself in the mirror, I'm sure she's imagining herself with abs right now and if she wanted to have abs then Kyla will get abs.

     "You can borrow one of my work out clothes, there's a gym not far from here that's super cool and safe."

    I watched as my bestfriend smiled at me and grabbed the first workout outfit and running off to the bathroom to go get changed, I walked to the closet and grabbed an outfit.
     After locking the door, I took off my pajamas and began to put my work out clothes on.

       Kyla had spent the night because lately she's been having nightmares and Kyla gets real bad nightmares, she'll be so convinced that what happened in her nightmares, happened in real life.
   So I offer my home to her until she stops having nightmares and is now comfortable with going back home and sleeping alone in her own bed.

   Aurelia's Outfit

     I grabbed my running shoes and put them on before brushing my hair back and putting a headband on it, I unlocked my door and walked downstairs to wait for Kyla

    Once Kyla arrived downstairs, I grabbed my house keys and grabbed her hand as we walked out of my house into the dangers of the world.

       Since school starts in a month for me, I go in September eighth and I'll be a sophomore, I decided to start to do back to school shopping because I don't want to have nothing left for me if I wait.
    As we walked to the gym, we were singing different songs and In pretty sure we were singing the wrong lyrics, but what's the fun in singing the right lyrics with all your confidence?

    Kyla and I split up because we wanted to do work on different parts of our body, she was working on her abs and I was working on my arms.
   If you couldn't tell, my arms weren't that muscular and I struggle to open a bunch of things that I shouldn't even be struggling with in the first place.

     Through half of the workout, I stopped and took a sip out of my water bottle that I had brought from home and didn't manage to put that out there earlier, I remember that I hated working out and would rather keep my noodle arms than having aching noodle arms.
   Please pray for me, this is the last time I ever agree to work out with Kyla and/or even tell her that Idtgo to the gym with her, it's not worth the pain.

      "Even my tongue hurts!"

     I groaned as I walked into my house, Kyla walked home as she decided that she didn't need to sleep in my room since her nightmares began to be more calmer than the last time.
   Whining and groaning is probably the best thing I'm good at, I do it so often when I don't like something that it's become a hobby.

       Now time to take a nice shower, change my clothes and stay in my house because after today's work out, if you want to hang out with me then you'll have to come over.
   So I walked upstairs to my room, turning on my air conditioner and grabbing some clothes and underclothes before leaving my room and shutting the door behind me.

     I walked to the bathroom, I turned on the lights and locked the door before setting my clothes down on the closed toilet seat, I had my phone and had my charger with me because I needed a pick me up.
    So I plugged my phone in and began to play some Doja Cat, also can we talk about the Doja, Noah and Joseph drama that happened like a month ago? I'm not choosing sides because in all honesty, I would've leaked the DMS thinking that it would be okay and then get cancelled.

      Also, I have an irrational fear of being cancelled because fans and followers are ruthless when it comes to there idols, like haven't you ever seen a calm fan cancel another influencer? No? Didn't think so.
   Like could you be nice? And if you're idol isn't being kind, then maybe tell them to be a little more mindful and to watch their words.

     I got into the shower and let the warm water run down my body, untying the knots that were created during my workout session, I don't know who goes straight into washing themselves.
   Like, I need a minute to let the water defrost my body or cool it down before grabbing soap and taking away all the smelly little things.

      Since I wanted to have a day alone, I waited until an hour later and got out of the shower before texting the group chat and telling them that I wanted to have a me time day, it's always good to take time out for yourself.
   They never get annoyed about it, they understand and then take the day to spend time on themselves.

     "What type of shoes am i wearing tomorrow?"

     I asked myself as I looked into my shoe rack, shoes are probably the hardest part of my day.

      When I finally found the type of shoes that'll look good with my outfit and also feel very comfortable, I set them aside for tomorrow, I walked to my bed as the cold air was starting to become a problem.
  I loved being cold but also needed to be covered since I never know how to turn off my air conditioner when it becomes too much.

     As I laid down in my bed, I grabbed my remote and put on Netflix to watch the new movie, Purple Hearts, everyone seems to like it and I wanted to see what was all the hype about.
   Speaking of hype, why does Netflix think it's okay to cancel a bunch of good shows to allow WHITE PEOPLE, like no seasoning, no nothing, white people, to have a show on their platform?

      Netflix if you keep this up, I'm cancelling my subscription and I'm going to be using Hulu, try me.

     Although I wasn't that nervous about tomorrow, I still had a little bit of the jitters because I didn't want to mess anything up.
   But it's too late now, there's no backing out of this one.

   " Okay well the carnival's tomorrow so put your big girl pullups on. "

    I muttered to myself as the movie started, I turned on my LEDs and allowed myself to relax.

    No stress, No worries.