XVII. A Pearl

Chapter 17, A Pearl
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Trigger Warnings

          This chapter contains emotionally absent father, arguments, blood, some abuse.

     Skip through the parts if it does trigger you, I don't want you to feel unsafe.

    You have been warned.

  " It doesn't matter if they're there physically, it's them being there emotionally that matters most. "

  ~ Aurelia's POV ~

         The fireworks were so pretty, I loved the different colors that each one had.
   I walked home with Miguel and Brady, we were all making jokes about The Black Phone but I was also making jokes about Vance's death because why not.

     "How did you get killed by a kidnapper but yet beat up some kid that messed up your game?"

     I teased, Brady shrugged his shoulders as he laughed with me.
   Miguel was a little silent, it wasn't hard to miss it because you couldn't hear his stupid laugh that made you laugh.

    "So Miguel, how'd it feel playing Robin and having thousands of girls drool over you?"

     I asked, Miguel looked at me and smiled before explaining how nervous he felt when he first got the role.
    Have you ever felt like you fell in love with someone when they begin to rant about something they love? It's like their eyes glow whenever the topic is brought up and you can't help but admire how sweet they look.

    "Well, I'll see y'all tomorrow. Try not to die on the way home Brady, the grabber might not have a pinball machine to keep you busy."

    Brady raised his middle finger at me before waving goodbye, Miguel gave me a hug and walked away with his friend.
    I walked into my house and smiled at my younger sister who was fast asleep on the couch, mom left early with Venus because Vee was feeling a little sick.

         I walked upstairs and into my room to grab pajamas and underclothes, I wanted to take a nice shower and wash my hair before getting into bed.
    My mom was probably asleep in her room because I didn't see her next to Venus and you can't hear her scream in frustration in the office, so the house was pretty much quiet.

     I began to grow happy with the quietness over the years, the yelling of my parents was enough for me to have anxiety everyday and night.
   Sometimes I feel like the yelling is there and I somehow managed to silence it, then there's other times where the silence eats me from the inside out.

      I got into the shower and let the warm water run down my body, sending goosebumps through my body, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.
   My mind usually runs wild, I just remember bits and pieces of everything that I've pushed down to forget.

      What better place to explain my whole life story than the shower? I mean I can stay in the bath for about two hours before wanting to come out anyways.
    So as I begin to wash my body and exfoliate my body, I'll tell you everything and anything about my life and the divorce.

     I was nine when the divorce happened, Venus was four.

       The marriage was going okay, there was a little bit of arguments but what was a relationship without having any misunderstandings?
     Not saying my parents relationship was toxic but the level of arguments was just going up by the second, it was over dumb things as well.