IV. First Time Seeing Him

Chapter 4, First Time Seeing Him
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   " You made eye contact once and you think you're in love? "

    ~ Aurelia's POV ~

          We spent almost all day at the pool, which none of us were complaining since the sun was just beating down on us and we weren't ready to go home yet.
   I was sitting at the edge of the pool, watching as the rest of my friends continued to swim and splash each other which was funny.

    "Rei, you should come back in and play with us!"

    Angie urged me as she swam over, I shook my head since my muscles were exhausted from swimming around, but I knew Angie wouldn't leave me alone until I did go with her.
  So, I got into the pool and let the cold, refreshing water pierce my dry, warm skin which made me gasp a little.

    "We should go to the diner that's around the corner, we haven't been there in forever."

       Kyla spoke, everyone was now swimming peacefully.
    I nodded my head and decided to get out of the pool, I had to use the bathroom and I didn't want to pee in the pool although a lot of people have done it before.

      On my way to the bathroom, I had accidentally bumped shoulders with someone who was walking out of the bathroom which sort of made me feel bad.
   I turned around just as the person turned around as well, he was pretty but not like pretty but pretty pretty.

     He has long curly brown hair, a cute birthmark that stood out and well, his smile was everything that any girl would die to have smiled at them.
  I stood there at a loss for words when I'm guessing his friends came out, I didn't have much to say so I just muttered a sorry and walked inside of the bathroom.

   "You're telling me, you met your soulmate and didn't think to actually speak a full sentence?"

     Val asked me as I walked back to the pool, she had to use the bathroom as well so I had to fill her in on everything.
   I nodded my head as I mentally face palmed myself, she made it sound as if I was so dumb which I was.

    "Rei, we can't leave now. You at least have to say something to him or walk past him so he could say something to you."

     Val told me as we reached the rest of the girls, I explained everything to them which resulted in them joking about it before giving me actual advice that I could use.
    Although I wasn't listening to a word either girl was saying, I had allowed my eyes to wander around and they ended up stuck on the boy from earlier, but what made matters worse was that he looked at me at the same time.

      I felt something funny in the pit of my stomach when he sent a smile my way, I smiled back and even sent a little wave before going to my friends.
    Marcy paid attention to what I was staring at and eventually told everyone.

    "I think I'm in love with this kid.."

     I gushed out as I swam to the edge of the pool and sat, Marcy looked at me like I was a complete idiot, you could tell she was thinking of some words to tell but she didn't want to sound to mean about it.

  " You made eye contact once and you think you're in love? "

     Marcy told me, when you put it that way, you make it sound like I fall in love with every cute guy that I see.
   Angie nodded her head and got up from the pool, I zoned out and stared at the water as I began to think of all the things I could have said to him before his friends came out of the bathroom but instead I wasted time.

      All the girls noticed that I was in my own little world and decided to speak amongst themselves, I didn't care at the moment since I knew half of the things they'd speak about were either my mom or some gossip that they heard.
   Usually I find out the hot gossip and share it with my friend group, but you wouldn't see me igniting the flame or being in the problem since that wasn't cute nor was it a good look for anyone.

     Even though I was zoned out, it didn't mean I hadn't noticed when Angie got out of the pool and walked somewhere but I didn't want to find out where.
   I was really into my mind, but I kind of wished that I had paid attention because when Angie returned, she didn't return alone.

   "Hey."

    The simple greeting anyone could say to me and I'd respond with a happier 'Hey', but when it depends on whose saying it.
   I looked up from the water that had me in a trance and made eye contact with the boy that I had bumped into when I was going into the bathroom.

    "Oh, uhm hi."

   I responded, sounding really uninterested but that wasn't intentional.
   The boy smiled at me, he had a really pretty smile that I look at all day.

    "I'm Miguel, the boy you bumped into at the bathroom."

     The boy introduced himself, wow, he even had a prettier name to go with the face.
   I looked at him and had to sound really nonchalant although internally I was screaming.

    "Aurelia, sorry for that by the way."

      Miguel chuckled and smiled, we spoke for a bit before my friends decided that they were hungry and wanted to go to the diner before it closed.
   After speaking to Miguel, he was really enjoyable to be around and I found myself occasionally laughing at some of his corny jokes.

    "Well, it was fun speaking and getting to know you Miguel, you're a really interesting person."

     I complimented the boy as I got up from the edge of the pool, I didn't want to leave him at the pool so I waved him over so he could speak to me as I put my things away.

   "You're very interesting as well Aurelia, maybe I could get your number so we can be interesting friends?"

    That right there, it was a corny line but I was a sucker for corny lines so I pulled my phone out and handed it to him so he could put his number in.
   Before he gave me my phone back, he called it and watched as his friend, grab his phone and looked at Miguel.

    Miguel just put his thumbs up and watched as his friend answer the phone.

   "Save the number as Aurelia."

    Miguel spoke to the friend on the other line before hanging up, I smiled at him as he gave me, my phone back.
   I said goodbye to him and grabbed my things before running to the front of the pool where my friends waited with a smirk playing on their lips.

    "I got the number!"

     I squealed, causing all of the girls to jump up and down with me, we calmed down and then walked to the diner.
   Honestly, it's not that surprising that some girls freak out because someone either out of their league or cuter than them give their phone number out to them, it's literally unexpected.

        But my heart raced as my cheeks grew red whenever I think about the encounter, he was genuinely sweet about and he even looked nervous while asking for my number.
    So if he's going to be the nervous one, then I have to be the bold and confident one.

    As soon as I learn how to be confident and bold one, I'll begin to text him.
   Wish me luck?