XI. Ho Hey

Chapter 11, Ho Hey
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       " You can always make copies of the original but there's a low chance that the remakes are better than the real thing. "

  ~ Aurelia's POV ~

        When the night came, I couldn't find myself any sleep so I walked downstairs with my headphones and phone, I walked to the couch and sat down, crossing my legs and grabbing a pillow.
   I lowered the brightness of my phone before going onto YouTube and searching for a song that'll lighten the mood, so I searched for 'Ho Hey' by The Lumineers.

      As I began to raise the volume, I made sure to loop the song and began to vibe to the music that was once my favorite song.
   I used to love this song because it reminded me of my dad, this song was his favorite which became my favorite song until the divorce happened.

        Dancing around and reliving memories were the best thing someone could do, at the moment it didn't bother me nor did it matter how I felt when I thought about my dad.
   He had made his decision and it was time for me to make my own, as the song restarted, I began to feel tears brimming my eyes and took a deep breath.

      Although I've been pushing the fact that I had to explain to you what was going on and why everything was on shakey ground with my dad, I couldn't find the courage to speak about it and I could only hope that some or all of you understand.
   I hadn't noticed if I was still alone when someone had grabbed my shoulder, startling me and causing me to jerk away from whoever grabbed my shoulder.

         When I opened my eyes from the sudden shut because of the fright, I was met with my sister who had glossy eyes and a quivering lip, she couldn't sleep either and you could tell she was probably crying about the same thing I was.
    I opened my arms and allowed her to run into them, I held onto her tightly as she began to wet my shirt with her salty tears.

    "Vee, please don't cry, tell me what's wrong?"

      Although I only had a hunch of what was going on, I needed my thoughts to have the right source before I told her to stop crying over dad and that it'll get better.
   Venus wiped her tears and I walked with her to the couch, she sat down next to me and grabbed my hand as she tried to find the correct words that'll have me understand.

    "You know, I'm not angry that he moved on but did he have to think that bringing his other family here was a good idea?"

     Venus asked me, she had a little trouble breathing but it was calming down which made it more easier for me to understand what she was telling me.
   I rubbed her back and kissed her forehead, it was at this moment which made me realize that I was acting like mom and I didn't even realize it.

     " You can always make copies of the original but there's a low chance that the remakes are better than the real thing. "

        I told my sister which caused both of us to laugh, what I said wasn't really funny but at the moment, it was almost like we couldn't take anything serious.
    Probably because it was night and everything was much more funnier at night, after she had stopped crying, I decided she might have wanted to listen to the song I was listening to.

     "This song won't bring us much closure but, it's a good song to dance to. Do you wanna listen and dance with me?"

      I offered, I watched as Venus nodded her head vigorously, although I had my headphones, it didn't mean I couldn't play the music out loud.
   Mom's room was upstairs and all the way down the hall, she couldn't possibly hear it unless she was awake to hear it.

    I been tryin' to do it right, I've been living a lonely life..
    I been sleeping here instead, I been sleeping in my bed..

     Sleeping in my bed...

       The way my hands were outstretched for Venus to take them, which she did without thinking about it twice, felt like it was already meant to do that without me even thinking about doing it.
    Sometimes spending time with your siblings is all you need to have a friend for life or an enemy for life, if you have more than one sibling then you have both.

     So show me family, all the blood that I will bleed..
I don't know where I belong, I don't know where I belong..

   But I can write a song...

         I lifted Venus up and twirled her around, she squealed at first and then giggled like a little girl.

    I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweetheart.

   I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweet!

         Venus and I had lip sync the lyrics and continued to dance, I hugged her as the song began to end and her mouth let out a tired yawn.
     I kissed her forehead and told her goodnight, she hugged me back tightly and then walked upstairs and into her room, I sat on the couch and replayed the song once more.

        I should've been exhausted and already tucked into bed but I couldn't find myself in bed right now, so I stood down in the couch and waited for hours and hours until I had finally fell asleep.
    As i hugged the pillow tightly, I allowed myself to relax into sleep and finally relaxed all the tense muscles that I had.

      My dreams were filled with different things, things that wouldn't matter in the morning so I didn't dwell on them too much, but I know I'd Google them if they were to show me something weird.
    But I'd be too lazy to do that or too tired to even remember what the dream was about and who was even in it.

    But that's not a problem for me right now.