VI. It Didn't Hurt

Chapter 6, It Didn't Hurt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    " I mean, it bothered me for a while but I wouldn't say that it had actually done some damage. "

~ Aurelia's POV ~

         "Aren't you supposed to be home right now, Rei?"

        Marceline asked me, I was confused for a moment and looked at her.
   I was then pulled aside from the group, she had moved about ten feet away from them which was a little overdramatic but I didn't say anything.

     "Your dad, he's visiting today and you said you wanted to speak with him, about, y'know."

     Marcy elaborated, I looked at her as my eyes widen, I had completely forgot that my dad would be coming to visit Venus and I.
   Without saying anything else, I ran back the group and grabbed my bike, I just rode off in hopes that my dad didn't take off without seeing his original offspring.

       Today was supposed to be another day with the girls, we were hanging at the park since there wasn't that much heat but it had completely slipped my mind that my father was supposed to be visiting us.
    I peddled as fast as I could, not taking any types of breaks because my dad was the type to leave if you're late.

     Once i got to my house, I didn't bother putting the stand on my bike or even locking it up, instead I let it drop to the side and sprinted to the door.
   I took my keys from my pocket and unlocked the door, my heart was racing from the peddling I had done and also because I was a little bit nervous.

         There he was, my father.
     He stood at the kitchen, Venus was sitting at the table looking at him with a bored look playing on her face which was her usual expression.
   I closed the door which made my mother, father and younger sister look at me.

     "Aura, you're here!"

      My dad greeted with a big smile, I smiled back at him and as I ran over to hug him, I looked at my sister who had only shook her head.
   As my arms were wide open, waiting for my dad to come and swoop me off my feet, I heard a small cough.

    I looked at my dad before slowly putting my arms down and looking at my sister, my dad used to hug me all the time but maybe he didn't like any physical touch.
    Understandable, a lot of people don't like physical touch, it can make them uncomfortable and I didn't want to make my own dad uncomfortable.

     "Oh, I didn't know you disliked hugs.."

     I apologized sheepishly, my dad just chuckled awkwardly and watched as I walked over to my sister and sat beside her.
    Venus looked annoyed at this point, it was as if the presence of our dad was bothering her but since I came late, I couldn't really blame her for whatever she witnessed.

     "Since you girls are already here, I thought I should share something with you."

       My dad began as he walked to the fridge, taking a beer from it and closing the door.
   Venus and I shared a look before returning our attention to the man who seemingly looked happy just by the though of his news.

    "What is it?"

      I waited for a response, his eyes shifted a lot and it looked like he no longer knew how to begin this announcement.

    "My wife and our kids will be coming soon, they want to meet y'all and I didn't think anything of it."

         He blurted out, my jaw had dropped and I looked at my mom who had spat out her water when she heard the news.
    Not trying to be rude or anything but not every child wants to meet their parent's lover and their kids.

     "You're joking."

       My mom finally said, I looked at her and sighed knowing she was about to blow up this whole house with her screaming.
    My dad shook his head and walked over to the door as someone knocked, I still didn't want to comprehend anything but I sucked it up when two girls around my age walked inside.

      Then came in the wife, my mom swallowed her words and walked over to the family, greeting them with a fake smile and a very fake happy mood.
    Venus glared daggers at dad as she greeted the girls, I couldn't even move from my chair to even send a wave.

    "Wait, you thought that you can actually bring your other family to this house when today's supposed to be a father-daughters day?"

     I questioned, I knew I had to keep my composure because I'm sure that he meant well but this wasn't something I wanted.

    "Come Aura, you and the girls would be great friends, best friends even!"

   My dad tried defending his case, it's too early for this but what can I even do?

   "I already have best friends! I don't need more, when the ones I have know me like the back of their hands."

      I raised my voice a little bit, my mom walked over to me and placed her hand on my shoulder, signaling me to just relax and take a deep breath but I don't think I could do that.
   My dad nodded his head slowly, I looked at him and took a deep breath.

    "Today was supposed to be our day.."

     Venus finally spoke out, my dad looked at her and nodded his head once again which was getting annoying.
   Maybe we were blowing this out of proportion, I should've been grateful he even decided to come visit us.

    "I think we should get going Marcus."

       The wife had said, I looked at my dad in hopes that he would say no and try to take us out but instead, I watched as my dad left the house without looking back.

    "I think I'm going to take a nap.."

      I mumbled as I walked upstairs feeling a little displeased with myself, I shouldn't have done that and I know all of you are going to get mad at me for it but I promise I'll explain everything when the time comes.
   But for now, I just need a nap and a moment to reflect on my emotions, the last thing I need is getting grounded for taking my frustrations out on my family.

     "It was completely my fault, I blew up at him and he probably thought that he was doing something so good."

       I rambled to Marcy and Angie, we were on a facetime call, I had called them when I finally woke up from my much needed nap.
    Marcy wasted no time in comforting me, she was always telling me that the things that I had no control over or the things that I needed to be angry about weren't my fault.

      Angie was trying to lighten the mood, I thanked her for the jokes she said because they would make me smile or chuckle.

   "Do you think maybe him having another family set you off?"

     Marcy asked me, I laughed and looked at the camera before shaking my head and sitting up on my bed so that they can see me better.
    I could never be jealous about my father living his life and getting a new family, that's something I will never be jealous about.

    "Rei, you do know that maybe him leaving hurt you? You were really young.."

       Angie told me, it was true, he left me when I was about ten which wasn't that long ago but I had a different mentality then, than I do now but I rejected the idea.

  " I mean, it bothered me for a while but I wouldn't say it had actually done some damage. "

        I replied as I got up from my bed and walked downstairs, my stomach growled which reminded me that I had to eat, I wanted the discussion to be over because I didn't want to think that I was actually jealous.
    So, once I began to make my meal, I had decided to tell the girls that I would call them later and we can continue this fun little topic later rather than now.

     But that was code for, I'm not calling you back if you continue the topic that in desperately trying to get away from only because I'm scared that it'll be true.
    Although I'm 99% sure that it didn't hurt me, at least it looked like it.