XVIII. First Date

Chapter 18, First Date
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    " You think it's easy learning new recipes to cook? I'm an actress babe, not a chef. "

  ~ Aurelia's POV ~

          "Do you think your mom would date me?"

    Angie asked me as I looked through my drawer, searching for a book that I so desperately needed.
  I stopped what I was doing and looked back to glads at her disgustingly, can people stop hitting on my mother?

    "Angie, stop trying to get with my mom."

    I turned around and continued the search for the lost book, shuddering every now and then at the thought of my best friend and mom dating.
   I swear, they take age ain't nothing but a number way too seriously.

     "What are you looking for anyways?"

    Val asked me as she walked back into my room, I sighed and closed the drawers before walking to my bed and getting on my knees to search for the book that was probably hidden under my bed.

    "A book, a book that was given to me and now it's misplaced which means that I've lost a book that someone gave me."

    "Jeez, was just asking what was driving you mad."

    Val muttered as she walked over to my desk and sat down on my swivel seat, I rolled my eyes and decided that if I wanted to get the book then I needed to get under my bed.
    I had everything under here I don't know why, I'm just a little messy when it comes to the under of my bed.

     Finally, the light has came to me and I finally found the book that I was looking for.
   I smiled and grabbed it before moving myself from under the bed, I sat on my bed and smiled at the book that rest upon my hands.

     "Rei, the wedding book.. again?"

     Marcy asked me as she walked into the room with Kyla, I looked at her and shushed her before opening the book and staring at the photos that were glued in it.
    Even though I resent my father and wish that he and my mother never met, that didn't mean I hated the fact that they got married.

        That makes no sense, does it?
  He hurt me and it made me hate him and it made me hate the fact that he met mom, but they're relationship was so beautiful.

      That and because if they never met then people wouldn't have known Aurelia Carmen Kingsley, and I'm such a blast to be around.
    As I flipped through the pages of my mother's relationship/wedding scrapbook, I heard footsteps coming this way.

    My mother's intentions were to throw this book away, but I couldn't let her do it so I took it and hid it away so that it wouldn't be thrown away.
   Like I had said earlier, she was going insane and throwing everything that reminded her of dad, I don't blame her either.

      I got up from the bed and slid the book under it before sitting back on my bed and grabbing the remote, if there's one thing that I can do, it's act nonchalant when my mom's around.

   "Hey honey, Miguel's downstairs, he wants to ask you something very important."

    My mom informed me before winking and walking out of my room, I felt small little butterflies in my stomach before getting up from  the bed and walking downstairs.
    Sure enough, Miguel was sitting on the couch talking to Venus, they seemed to be getting along which was a little strange considering the fact that Venus doesn't like meeting people or new people.