XIX. Polaroid Photos

Chapter 19, Polaroid Photos
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     " All the photos we've taken, give them to us, we're going to make the scrapbook. "

  ~ Aurelia's POV ~

        "I think I'm mentally cheating!"

     I sang along to the song 'Mentally Cheating' by Natalie Jane, although I haven't even been in a single relationship to be relating to this music, I'm singing along to it.
   The lyrics could be relatable if you use a different mindset towards it, you could probably have a boyfriend or girlfriend and think of someone else in the relationship or you could create this character in your mind but fall in love with someone else that actually exists.

     While the song ended and another one played, I was cleaning my room.
   It was messy and dirty, which probably was the reason why I could hardly find anything that I've put away.

      Humming along to the music while cleaning your room is honestly the vibe, it makes cleaning more fun and you look forward to it.
   But i try not to have a messy room, my friends come over a lot and I get a little embarrassed and ashamed whenever they see the mess that I've left.

   Other times they show up unannounced so I don't have time to clean up my room, but since they weren't coming over today, I have a chance to tidy it up a bit.
   We were meeting later at the roller skating rink, neither of us know how to skate but today would be the perfect opportunity.

    Once my room was back to decent looking, I went to my closet and grabbed an outfit.
  I was not about to spend half an hour searching for clothes, today was a hot, sunny day so it was a no brainer to go with some shorts.

  Aurelia's Outfit

     I laced up my black air forces before brushing my hair into two pigtails, I put on my earrings and put on some chapstick before walking out of my room.
   My phone was in my back pocket, I walked downstairs and said goodbye to my mom and sister before leaving the house.

      Normally I'd ask my mom for permission just so she's okay with what we're doing but she's been a little busy these days, and I didn't want her snapping at me for wasting her time.
   My mom's a bit stingy when it comes to her precious time, she needs her me time and if not me time then she needs time to finish a project.

      Sometimes it gets annoying because I'd have this burning question to ask her but I'd have to wait for her to finish whatever she's doing to then ask it, but the other times is just glorious because freedom.
    I walked to the roller rink, I didn't want to ride my bike to the rink because at this point I really don't want to accidentally ride over a pebble and then break any bones.

      When I got to the rink, I walked inside and texted the group chat because being alone and awkward in somewhere, where people are.
   It's gives me Angela from stranger things season four, so I don't want to seem lonely to the point where people bully me.

     "Love the overthinking look on you babe."

      I turned around a little startled to see Val standing there laughing a bit, I rolled my eyes playfully before dragging her to a table and talking to her.
    To update everyone on the Mason and Val friendship but one has a crush on the other, Val has been subtly flirting with Mason and she thinks that he's also flirting back with her.

     So basically, everything's going great between the two which is quite exciting.
  After about fifteen minutes, Angie, Kyla and Marcy walks in with a huge smile on their faces.

    "So we had this mega good idea but we need you two to tell us if it's a good idea!"

     Kyla burst out, I looked at her a little shocked because she's never really been so outgoing or a little loud.
   I smiled at her and scooted over so Kyla and Angie could sit beside me, Marcy sat next to Val.

    "So you know how we all have Polaroid Photos of us during the fun moments and the bad ones as well?"

    Angie asked us, I looked at her and smiled before motioning her to continue the idea.

   "How about we make a scrapbook? We can even write down the moments when it happened."

     Marcy finished for Angie, I loved the idea and it was obvious that Val did too so that's what we were going to do after skating.
   We rented our skates and put them on, I felt like my feet were replaced with wheels and that I was going to crash and burn immediately.

      Angie and Marcy got it on the first try, I smiled at the two who were having so much fun with one another.
   Marcy grabbed my hands and helped me skate around, it was a little bit easy to begin to skate.

     "There you go, you're doing amazing Rei."

    Marcy praised me, I smiled at her as she slowly let go of my hands without me realizing.
  I was finally able to skate alone so we decided to race around.

    When we finished skating, we walked to the diner around the corner and began to talk about the plan of the Polaroid Photos.
   Angie surprisingly has the better handwriting than all of us but Marcy was more neat when it came to gluing things and making them look pretty.

   " All the photos we've taken, give them to us, we're going to make the scrapbook. "

    So we obviously didn't have the photos on us which meant we had to go home, try to get all the photos we have of one another and then walk to Marcy's house to give her the photos.
   Then text Angie the backstory of the memories, which was a little difficult but at least we remembered them.

     I walked home after handing the photos to Marcy, I was quite excited to see the scrapbook once it's done.
    When I got upstairs to my bedroom, I changed our of clothes and changed into my pajamas.

        I changed my LEDs to red and grabbed my airpods to listen to music, I played my Spotify playlist and wrapped myself with a fluffy blanket.
   I looked through the photos that were in my camera roll.

      Okay, I'm done being emo today.
   So, I'm going to take a nap and get me out of this state before one of my friends clown me for it.