XIII. The Black Phone

Chapter 13, The Black Phone
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   " You look like Stuart little, that was mean, I'm sorry. "

   ~ Aurelia's POV ~

         It's was now a Friday, the Friday that meant I was going to the movies with Miguel and his friends with my friends.
    I was on FaceTime call with Val, she was gushing about the Thames guy being a gentleman and that he was a good player.

    "He knows his combos and even taught me them, i think I've fallen in love."

      Val spat out as she looked through her wardrobe, I looked at my phone and shook my head before laughing and grabbing an outfit that I wanted to wear.
   It's usually cold in the movies and everyone ends up having hyperthermia by the time the movie ends and it's time to go home, so I knew I had to wear some type of outfit that kept me warm.

   "Pink or pink with pants?"

       I asked my best friend as I held up two different outfits which were quite similar but different in a type of way, the Pink was with pink pants and orange swirls and the pink was with a pink skirt.
    Val chose the pink one with pants, so far all I've worn was pink, I didn't want people think I was a Barbie.

    I turned my camera off and changed from my pajamas to my outfit, I brushed my hair back and into a low ponytail.
   Love to admit it, I looked good but I mean I always look good, but this outfit made me look extra good.

Aurelia's Outfit

     Since the temperature was going to be a heat wave temperature, I had to go with the pants either way

   I hung up on Val since she was downstairs.

     We were going to walk to the movie theater together, Kyla, Marcy and Angie were going to walk together as well.
    Val complimented my outfit and I did the same to her, we grabbed each other's hand and walked out of the house.

    The movie theater was a couple of blocks away from my house, I thought we could walk it so I made sure that no matter how tired are legs are, we're walking it.
   Once we got there, everyone was there, except Kyla, Marcy and Angie but they're normally fashionably late so it's okay.

    "Hey Aurelia!"

     Miguel greeted me happily, I smiled at him and he walked closer, we hugged each other and stood there for like two more second before pulling away from the hug.
    He smiled at Valentina, but she didn't smile back, instead she glared at him as if he had just grabbed her Xbox and completely broke it in front of her.

   I elbowed her in her side where she grunted and forced a smile, we walked behind him as he led us to his friends.
   There were three boys and only one girl, i only recognized the boy with brown curls and the girl with blue eyes.

    "That's Mason and Madeleine, you saw them at the pool but didn't really speak to them."

     Miguel introduced me, Madeleine smiled big at me and we hugged each other.
   Just by that I could tell we were going to be best friends as well, she'd be a perfect match for the rest of the girls.

        Val stared at Mason, she smiled at him and immediately nearly laughed at something she probably thought of.
   It wouldn't be long until Valentina thought sharing her inside thoughts with the rest of us.

  " You look like Stuart little, that was mean, I'm sorry. "

    Valentina spoke her mind and then apologized for it, Miguel laughed at what she said and so did the rest of the group, even Mason himself.
   I guess they would be good friends for Valentina as well, at least they could take a joke and not take what Val says to the heart.

    "That's Brady and Tristan, they're older than us but we needed someone to drive us here."

      Miguel introduced me to the two older boys sheepishly, I smiled at him and right as I was about to say something, my friends arrived.
   I introduced them to Miguel's friends and we walked inside of the movie theater, we didn't know what movie to watch but a big poster caught my eye.

   "Let's watch The Black Phone, it seems like it'll be a good movie."

        I suggested, the girls agreed while the others hesitated before agreeing to watch the movie.
   Although I wanted to question why, I didn't want to run head first in a bunch of questions that would probably make them uncomfortable.

      When we got our tickets, we walked to the room that was showing the movie and I noticed how everyone had their own buddy to sit with.
    Mason and Val, Marcy and Brady, Tristan and Angie, Kyla and Madeleine, and then Miguel and I.

       We got into the room, and found our seats immediately, they were only giving ads so everyone decided to trade off numbers to make a group chat.
   I looked at Miguel and smiled at him, we all got some drinks and snacks before we got here by the way, don't know why I forgot about that.

    When the movie started, I began to get excited but when they showed who was on screen, my face completely fell.
   I looked at everyone and noticed how they were in the movie, I knew I was a slow person but I didn't know that I was that slow.

        A lot of questions surrounded my mind but I pushed them to side, just to watch the movie and enjoy the company of my new friends.

   "Y'all did a good job, Gwen is definitely my favorite character."

       Val complimented everyone and then proceeded to give a high five to Madeleine, she wasn't wrong either though.
    Everyone succeeded at their part and it was certainly going to make me scared to walk alone from now on.

    "Seriously though, that was an amazing movie."

      Kyla broke the small silence, everyone smiled and that's when we began to figure out what we wanted to do next since the sun was still out a bit.
    I suggested to go to an arcade, everyone agreed to that and we walked to Brady's car which surprisingly fit all of us.

      But that's how today was spent, I don't regret going and I'd definitely would be hanging out with them more, not for fame but because their energy is just so good.
   I'm pretty sure that's how everyone feels about them though, considering you can see how good of a person they are in edits or in interviews.