Chapter 20 | Sweetheart

"Ann!" I scream out of pure excitement seeing my only lovely soul near the door looking damn beautiful with all the renovation she did to her hair.

"Oh my—Girl you look like a women" she gasps dropping her leather bag down before taking me into a tight hug.

"Do I look beautiful?" I have this creepy grin on my face as I ask as soon as we break the hug "beautiful would be an understatement compared to how you look now" she eyes me up and down.

"I am sure your groom will be in need of your inhaler after seeing you" she quickly takes out her phone and snaps few pictures but I hear someone cursing behind me so I turn only to find Aiza already up glaring at us looking truly annoyed by our loud noises which must have woken her up.

"Hello sister" Anna waves at my sister before flopping on the bed "I had a terrible flight" Anna groans in remembrance of her terrible flight, after the end of our college, Anna went to her grandparents, that is her native place, who lived in California and now she is back to Ottawa.

And I am feeling amazingly happy that my only invited friend attended my wedding.

"I thought you won't be able to come" I mumble wrapping my arm around her to show my genuine affection, she pats my head and bend down to whisper so only I could "how can I not? I had to see the man who you were gawking at since past two years" I nudge her stomach feeling shy all of a sudden at this beautiful reality.

Before she could tease me more, with all the facial expression which she couldn't do while I called her and squealed about the perfect pak drama and kdrama that happened in my life—she gave me all the not so holy tips which made me so shy that I did not leave my room for the day out of complete shyness.

And ammi had to only worsen it by giving some piece of advice which was necessary only till taking care of the family—but not after that, she made me feel so awkward while she was casually sitting their as if we were friends who talks about all unholy stuff and tease each other.

"Ammi is asking for your presence in the stage now Aayat" Amyra gives me a sad news when my friend has just arrived.

But I know better than to argue. They gave me lots of rest on my wedding day so it Is decency of me to show my face now or else It would come under the category of taking advantage and I don't want such name in just few hours of becoming someone's daughter.

"Go freshen up and take some rest and then come to the hall I'll be waiting" I make sure that she is comfortable and only then I leave with Amyra who is on her phone talking to someone.

"Why did he leave now?!" Amyra gasps and I snap my head towards her asking her to tell me what's happening Eventhough if it's not related to me such gasps makes me curious.

"We are on the way Ammi" she sighs looking frustrated and when she cuts the call I think before asking that is crawling my throat.

"Is everything okay?" I let out quietly and Amyra looks at me for a brief second "yes it is" she gives me a smile before assuring me to the front when all Aunties of who knows who's are standing.

But 'yes it is' was not the answer I was asking, when knowing something is wrong only then a person questions, such lame answer only makes me more curious.

"Finally, the blue moon came" one of the old voice mocks and laughs at the end to make it look like a joke. "Now where is the groom, let's start the rituals" the older women again speaks and I so want to peek and so who she is, her voice itself holds power.

"I have called him we will start in few minutes Ammi, till then let's introduce everyone to the net member of our family" Aunty's voice in it self holds grin, and that Ammi tells me she is her mother.