Chapter 34 | Guilt

Arhaan's pov

I run my hand over my face in an attempt to hide my flushed cheeks, these 4 women's are teasing the life out of me, I now understand why Aayat ran for her life the moment I entered. Goodness these women's.

They raise their eyebrow with a teasing smile, waiting for an answer they have no rights to know.

Clearing my throat I think of an answer that will get me out of here, when my mind comes out blank, Allah's help comes through my phone, quickly pulling out my ringing phone, I mentally thank my secretary for his call.

"Excuse me" I mutter before quickly picking up the call and walking out of the room. My cheeks only brightens more when I hear them giggling behind my back.

"Hello yes?"

"Sir—"

His words interrupts my senses when I hear Aayat screaming for me, she is literally screaming out my name, panic rises through my chest and I look around not knowing from where she is calling me.

I run towards the stairs but I quickly pause when she calls out again "Arhaan!" And then I hear Abbu's loud coughing—No No No.

Turning and Stumbling on my steps I rush towards my parent's room, and I literally die on the spot when I see Abbu's condition.

I quickly reach his side, Aayat's panicked voice only makes me more restless "Ar-Arhaan why is he coughing out blood?" Her voice is full of panic but she doesn't stop rubbing his chest to calm him down.

"Hospital—we need to take him to hospital, go call Amir" I somehow make a sentence which I thought is impossible because everything looks blur and my ears are ringing with my loud heartbeat.

She doesn't waste a second and runs outside while yelling for Amir.

"Abbu?" His eyes are so lifeless and his face is so pale that it's scaring me to the core—no no this cannot happen.

Exhaling deeply, I run my hand over my face to regain myself. Carefully picking him up I settle him in his wheelchair, but before I could pull him out, my whole family rushes in. When I glance at my mother, her expression of fear and confusion sends shivers down my spine.

Grandma weeps and rushes toward us, her inquiries is not registering in my head and I had to  blink back tears to focus, breathing out I focus on the task of getting Abbu out, but the chaos behind me is too loud.

"We need to go" I try to sound calm but I know I am failing miserably, I take Abbu outside literally ignoring everyone because I cannot do anything other than that. Amir's alarmed expression mirrors mine as he asks, "What's going on?" Hastily, I retrieve my car keys from my pocket and hand them to him, "Start the car." He obeys without question, in no time he is near the gate, I scoop up Abbu and I rush towards the car to settle him inside.

Before Amir could settle in the back seat to take care of Abbu I see my mother running towards us while fixing her hijaab while she is already in her abaya, Aayat runs behind her with my mother's purse and phone.

My mother gets in and Aayat hands her purse and fixes her dress in before closing the door, when our eyes meet, she moves towards me and squeezes my shoulder "I am coming with grandpa, don't panic, everything will be fine"