Chapter 32 | Evil

Amyra's whimper said it all, and in a second Arhaan was flying out of the room pushing Amyra to the side who gasps at the push.

And I do the same, throwing my blanket away, I stubble out of the bed, grabbing my abandoned shawl, I run down stairs with unsteady steps so unsteady that two fears crawls up my chest.

One loosing Abbu and second finding myself beside his bed.

I am serious.

Holding onto the railing, I take deep breathe and when Amyra catches up my steps we both rush down in same speed with more steady legs now. But the speed of my heart doesn't go down.

"Ya Allah" gasping I reach Arhaan who is banging his parents door, which is closed, his trembling hands does a very poor job in pushing the door open.

"Why the hell is it locked?!" I jump holding back a scream when he yells so loudly that my heart literally crawls back and pulls her knees to her chest.

Oh god I've never heard men yelling from so close.

Gulping I look at Amyra who rushes to push the door open, which she does it with ease.

But when she does frown etches up my forehead.

Why is the room so dark? Did they already take uncle to the hospital?

Arhaan has the same expression, his chest still rising and falling from the run he had and the fear he is going through.

"Where did they go?" His voice lot calmer than before and his hand moves towards his pocket quickly to pick his phone but when he taps his pocket I realise its empty.

Ofcourse, he doesn't sleep with his phone in his pocket.

"I'll go get it" I volunteer quickly turning my back but this time I do not hold back my scream when all of a sudden scream echoes from the room.

"Happy Birthday!"

My head snaps back to see the room all lit up with beautiful decoration that is balloon flying everywhere. And Aunty standing with a cake in her hand. Amir and Grandma grinning at us. And Uncle sitting all healthy on the chair with a nervous smile.

Shit.

Absolutely Shit, they pranked him. This family was always a psycho prankers except my Arhaan but this might be the last prank of their life.

Poor people, I feel sad for them, they chose the wrong guy with wrong situation to prank.

They screwed up.

I am sure they are gonna forget what pranking is.

My heart yells when my eyes drops on Arhaan, his back tense and his hand fisted so tightly that I am afraid his knuckles might pop off.

I do not waste a second but quickly move towards his side to wrap my hand around his fist, hoping it calms him down.

"Happy birthday to you.." they start singing, completely ignoring the way he is glaring at them or the ground with clenched jaw which I am sure its not gonna relax.

"Arhaan—"

"Is this some kind of joke?" His calm voice radiates so much anger that I am so close to taking steps away from him.

The song slowly dies and their smiles becomes awkward, Feeling the tension, Amyra quickly moves to stand beside his family.

I don't know what to feel, I just now came to know its Arhaan's birthday today, when I thought it's tomorrow, I shouldn't be calling myself a stalker when I do not even know my only halal- crush's birth date.