Chapter 14 | Teasing

Arhaan ارحان

Rumbling my temple I sigh out at the files piled up on my desk.

Work sucks at times, but it gets even more irritating when you don't have time to even breathe without other thoughts.

"She left me like literally left me The James Bond, when I am the one who leaves first" my friend James Wond huffs out in frustration.

"Its okay it happens james" I calm him down, knowing he gets really mad at time. He sometimes makes his jokes real.

And that is only reason Abbu despise my friendship with him, cause he is a man who is also dangerous at times.

"Don't you dare give me this shitty consolation, My brain is already fucked up because of the humiliation I faced this morning and your words are not doing any better" he sighs out of frustration cause the girl he slept with left him in the morning with a note of whatever it is—forgodsake I don't even want to think what they did but how can I ignore that when I have a friend who love to explain his detail experience of his other unholy life, I cringed hard when he explain how good it was and how I am missing all the fun—I cannot even shut him up and now he is so mad cause that is something he always does to others. That is leaving notes or just leaving first.

I don't understand his ideology but whatever he is my friend I had to deal with all the shit he says.

"She was so fucking beautiful that I couldn't help but cuddle up like a stupid idiot when I do no such thing but what she did she left me, but how the hell did she leave when I made sure—"

His unholy words were cut off by a knock on the door. Thank God, he literally has no filter when the topic is—

"Sit down and don't scare my employees with your language" My voice coming out bored cause I am used to this and he huffs but flops down angrily "come in" I call out the person who after a second slowly opens the door peeking in.

The peak tells me who it is and I relax knowing the person who is relaxing my mind since few days will walk in.

She slowly steps in as If scared to invade my privacy her eyes dance from the ground towards the now calmed James whose eyes are on her.

And I don't like that.

Not even a bit.

Because his eyes are not on her face.

And I can tell she noticed that, and she is not comfortable at all, who will be, but it's not James fault he was born in that type of society that doesn't look into the girls eyes first, but scan their body and then they start talking.

"Get out" I glare at the person who I want to be out so the other one can feel comfortable.

"I—okay" Aayat's soft voice tells me she thought that was for her but the smirking guy only annoys me more. "Not you Aayat" she stops herself from turning her heels as she looks at me with her big eyes blinking at me confused.

"I can tell your gonna ba a good boy and will be fulfilling your Mamma's wish soon" he winks at me and I had to roll my eyes at his words.

Eventhough the curses are on the tip of my tongue I control didn't want to scare the innocent girl.

"What brings you here Aayat?" I get to the point when my annoying jerk of a friend leaves after throwing me a wink.

"I came to talk to you—uhm" she nervously fiddles and I nod asking her take a seat with a motion of my hand.

"It is not business related, is that okay?" She quietly asks as if she is scared I'll kick her out if it is not Business related.

Well it is not okay if it was someone else but this is my Doe eyed neighbor who is asking me sweetly.