4 | The incident

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Max said, walking over to the dog and kneeling down. She picked up a piece of meat and held it, getting it through the wired fence as best as possible. "Good boy..." she comforted as he ate. Loud music filled the area, Max turning to see where it was coming from. She watched as Eddie pulled up, getting of the car with Chrissy Cunningham, laughing and joking together. "This is, uh, my castle." Eddie said, opening the door of the trailer for Chrissy, stepping in after her and shutting the door. The dog barked, gaining Max's attention again. "Okay. Alright. One more, that's it though, right? Good boy." She told him, standing up and walking back in, taking one last look at Eddie's trailer, making a mental note to tell Dustin in the morning.

-----------------------

"Sorry for the mess. Uh, the maid took the week off." he joked, cleaning up some rubbish and some dirty plates. "You, um...You live here alone?" Chrissy asked, looking around the living room. "With my uncle. But, uh, he works nights at the plant. Bringing home, the big bucks." he explained, Chrissy not really paying attention. "How long does it take?" she asked, Eddie looking over lost. "Sorry?" he asked, searching through the draws. "The special K. How long to kick in?" Chrissy finished, Eddie now caught on. "Oh, uh, well, it depends if you snort it or not. Uh, if you do, then, uh, yeah. It'll, uh, kick in pretty quick." he smiled, opening his other box. "Oh shit." he grumbled, seeing there was none in there. "You're sure you, have it?" she asked anxiously, rocking on her heels. "No, no, no, I got it. Um, somewhere. Uh..." he said retreating into his bedroom, leaving Chrissy to look around. "Sorry I'm late sweetheart...You're beautiful." he mumbled to his guitar, pressing a kiss to his fingers and strumming the guitar. He quickly searched through the draws and containers in there, grumbling to himself.

Chrissy gasped, hearing the clock sound she had heard all day. First in the toilets, then outside school and now here. She looked outside the window, everything seemed to be dimly lit, mist covering everywhere. Her breathing quickened, she quickly shut the curtains and turned back around. "Eddie? Did you find it? Eddie?" she called, getting no response so she moved closer to the room. "Eddie?" she repeated, running into his bedroom. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she saw her mother, sat at a table with a sewing machine going. "Mom?" she questioned.

"Just loosening this up for you, sweetheart. You're going to look..." her mum started, turning around. "...absolutely beautiful." the figure turned around, voice distorted and looking undead - like her mother was a zombie. Chrissy gasped, slamming the door shut and placing her back against the door, gasping as she looked down the hallway in front of her. "Chrissy!" a voice called from behind, her 'mother' trying to open the door and get to her. "Chrissy, open the door!" the distorted voice called, Chrissy pulling on it with all the strength she had. The door slammed open, Chrissy running down the hallway, away from the room. She ran down the stairs, looking around and running into the living room. "Dad? Dad!" she called, walking up to him. He turned around, his eyes and mouth all sown shut and blood dripping down. Chrissy screamed as her dad tried to make noise.

------------------------------------

"Gotcha." Eddie whispered, picking the packet up and smiling. "Found it. peaceful bliss, just moments away." he grinned, strutting out of his room into the main room where he left Chrissy. He stopped in his steps as his eyes laid on Chrissy. "Chrissy? Chrissy? Hello?" he said, waving a hand and slowly walking closer. "Chrissy. Hey, Chrissy, wake up. Hey, hello? Chrissy? hello?" he said, clicking his fingers in her face. Her eyes were open, a different colour to normal but she wasn't moving a muscle, she just stood still. "Hey. Chrissy!" he repeated, looking around as the lights all started flickering. "Time to wake up. Hello? can you hear me?" Eddie called, clapping his hands in her face and shaking her shoulders. "Wake up, Chrissy! Chrissy, wake up! I don't like this, Chrissy! Wake up!" he shouted, unsure of what to do to get her to move. "Chrissy!" he said, tapping her, the lights flickering rapidly.

"What..." he mumbled, stepping backwards as she started levitating, rising in the air and still no sign of muscle movement. Eddie's breathing quickened, stepping back and not knowing what he was watching. "Jesus Christ!" he shouted as her body slammed against the ceiling. He tumbled over, falling over his own feet as he fell to the ground, looking at what was happening in disbelief. First it was her left arm that snapped, then both her legs, then her mouth and blood flowing from her eyes. Eddie screamed in fear, not knowing what was going on and terrified for his life. Then her right arm and then both her eyes popped. Her body fell against the floor with a loud thump, Eddie taking no time in running out the house and leaving her behind.

How on Earth would he explain this.