7 | Explanation

Dustin pressed the doorbell, the whole group waiting in silence. He pressed it again. And again. And again. "Okay, we'll that's settled. I guess he's not here." Steve grumbled, done already. Dustin knocked a couple times on the door. "Eddie! It's Dustin!" He shouted, getting no response. "Look, we just wanna talk, okay? No cops, I swear. We just wanna help! Eddie!" he shouted, knocking and ringing the doorbell even more. "Rick! Reefer Rick!" Dustin screamed as Steve put his hand over his mouth. "Don't scream that!" He said quickly, Dustin apologising. Y/n walked off, toning out Steve and Dustin's arguing. "Hey, guys?" They called, all of them coming over at once. "I don't think he's in the house." they said quietly, walking towards the boat house. Robin carefully pushed the door open, being cautious. "Hello? Is anyone home?" she called, stepping forward, allowing the others to come in. "What a dump." Steve commented, looking around.

He grabbed an oar off the wall, Dustin looking at him. Steve started hitting the tarp, poking it with the oar. "What are you doing?" Dustin questioned, watching his friend. "He might be in here." he responded. "So, take the tarp off then!" Y/n groaned, looking on the other side. They shone their flashlight at the edge of tarp. "If you're so brave, you take the tarp off, Henderson!" Steve retorted. "Hey, look, someone was here. Maybe he got spooked and ran off." Robin suggested, Max nodding. Y/n bit their tongue and held their laugh in as they watched the others.

"Don't worry, Steve will get him with his oar." Dustin sarcastically said, watching Steve. "I know you think you're being funny Henderson but considering everyone in this room had nearly died a hundred times, personally, I don't find it funny in the slight-" he rambled, cut off by Eddie jumping out and slamming him against the wall. "Woah, woah, woah, Eddie! Eddie! Stop! Eddie! Eddie! It's me, it's Dustin! This is Steve! He's not gonna hurt you, right, Steve?" he shouted, the room going quiet. "Right, yeah." Steve whispered. "Steve, why don't you drop the oar?" Dustin instructed, Steve following his orders for once and dropping it. "He's cool! He's cool!" Dustin panicked, praying he would listen. "I'm cool, man. I'm cool." Steve repeated.

"What're you doing here?" Eddie questioned, still not trusting him. Dustin stood forward and held an arm out. "We're looking for you. We're here to help..." Y/n told him, smiling softly. "Eddie, these are my friends. You know Robin, from band. This is my friend Max, the one who never wants to play d&d." Dustin explained, Robin and Max waving. "Eddie, we're on your side. I swear on my mother. Right guys?" Y/n said, putting their hands in the air. "Yeah, yeah, we swear, on their mother!" the other's agreed. Eddie let go of Steve, everyone letting out relieved sighs as Eddie backed away and sat down against the wall. "Eddie...we just want to talk, okay?" Y/n said, sitting next to him and holding a hand out. Eddie intertwined his hand with theirs, squeezing it. "We wanna know what happened." Dustin admitted, squatting near him. "You won't believe me." he sniffed, his eyes glossy. "Try us." Max stated, looking at him.

"Well, Chrissy came over, she asked for drugs, some 'special K' and I had gone into my room to get it..." he paused, his voice wavering. Y/n rubbed his hand with their thumb, assuring him it was fine. "When I came back, it was like she was asleep. Her eyes were open, all white but she didn't move a muscle and...and I tried to wake her. All of a sudden, her body just, like, lifted up into the air and, uh...and she just, like, hung there, in the air. And her bones, uh, she...her bones started to snap. Her eyes, man, it...it was like there was something, like, inside of her head, pulling. I... I didn't know what to do, so I... I ran away. I left her there. You all think I'm crazy, right?" he scoffed, wiping his eyes. "No, we don't think you're crazy." Dustin started, Eddie cutting him off. "Don't bullshit me, man! I know how this sounds!" he snapped, tears falling. "Hey, hey, hey." Y/n comforted, wiping his tears, both of them glad for the lack of lighting. "We're not bullshitting you, we believe you." Robin and Max said, Steve agreeing.

"Look, what I'm about to tell you might be a little...difficult to take." Dustin cautiously said. Eddie grabbed Y/n's hand, intertwining it with his again. "Okay..." he said. Dustin took a deep breath, assuring himself it was fine. "You know how people say Hawkins is...cursed? They're not way off. there's another world, a world hidden beneath Hawkins. Sometimes, it bleeds into ours." he said, explaining it to Eddie. "Like ghosts and shit?" Eddie asked. "There are some things worse than ghosts." Max commented. "These monsters from this other world...we thought they were gone. But they've come back before, and that's why we needed to find you." Dustin finished. "If they're back again, we need to know. That night, did you see anything? Dark particles?" Max asked, Eddie shaking his head. "It would almost look like dust, swirling dust." Dustin described, Eddie still denying. "No, man, there was nothing you could see or, uh...or touch. You know, I tried to wake her man, she couldn't move. It was like she...she was in a trance or something." Eddie informed the group. "Or under a spell?" Y/n suggested, Eddie looking up like he may have figured something out. "A curse." he finished. "Vecna's curse." Dustin and y/n said at the same time, looking at each other. "Who's Vecna?" Steve asked. "An undead creature of great power." Dustin commented. "A spell caster." Eddie added, looking at y/n. "A dark wizard." they finished, squeezing Eddie's hand.

-----------------------------

"We should probably get going, it's late." Steve commented, the others agreeing. "Are you sure you'll be fine here by yourself, Eddie?" Robin questioned, feeling uneasy about him being left alone. "I'll-" he started but was cut off. "I'll stay here with him, you guys go home." Y/n said, standing up. "Are...are you sure, y/n? You don't have to!" Eddie stammered, feeling bad. "Eds, it's fine. Now the rest of you, go. Dustin, if you're asked, I'm sleeping over at Robin's, okay?" They instructed, Dustin hesitantly agreeing, hugging them. "Please be safe..." he whispered as they nodded. They said their goodbyes, y/n chucking their keys to Steve to drive and waving goodbye. "You didn't have to do this, you know y/n/n." Eddie mumbled unlocking the door, letting them go in first before walking in after and locking the door. "Not that I don't want to be around you, I just-" Eddie rambled making y/n laugh. They pulled him into a hug, surprising him but he quickly returned it. They fitted together so perfectly, giving each other warmth and not wanting to pull apart. "It's fine Eddie. I was so worried about you, which I guess is dumb, we haven't even been friends for a week..." they admitted, walking up the stairs with Eddie behind them. "I'm flattered Henderson." he teased, y/n playfully rolling their eyes at his statement.

"This is, uh, my room, I'm assuming you don't want to sleep in Ricks room. I used to crash here often." he said, walking into the room. "You can take the bed, I'll sleep on the floor." he said, sitting down on the floor. "No, no, I couldn't possibly do that, Eddie. You have the bed, it's fine." Y/n said, getting up but was softly knocked back down. "I couldn't let you do that, as a true gentlemen." he joked, grinning at them. They huffed at him, crossing their arms. "I'm not backing down that easy. You take the bed." they continued arguing, making Eddie sigh. "If you're gonna be like that, in that case sweetheart, we'll share." he offered, sitting down next to you. "As long as you're okay with that, of course." he finished, y/n laughing.

"Fine, Munson, fine."